Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS - AST 5100 Monotube Coilovers w/ GT3 Sways, adjustable droplinks, & camber plates

Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
CS Jeff will become famous soon enough
FS - AST 5100 Monotube Coilovers w/ GT3 Sways, adjustable droplinks, & camber plates

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $2800
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

the classified has moderator approval...GT3 Chuck

Almost new - These are single adjustable (12 way, rebound only) but are upgradable to double or triple adjustable w/remote reservoirs. Fronts are inverted struts, rears are shocks, both have threaded bodies with adjustable droplink mounts. They come with Hyperco 60mm springs (550lb/700lb) and Eibach tender springs. The sways are factory GT3 bars and the adjustable droplinks work perfectly with them. I was a tester for AST-USA. Here is a link to the installation on my old 996:

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Vorshlag-Test-Pilots/Jeff-Larson-996-Porsche-911-C2/8253618_Y2JAN#540746826_F85hA

The entire package now lists for over $6000 & was only on my car for 3 months, reduced to $2800 OBO.
For more information pm me. Thanks!

Last edited by CS Jeff; 12-09-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Spokes is on a distinguished road
Do you know the pricing for upgrading to double and or triple adjustable?
Thanks!

Old 03-02-2010, 02:47 PM
It's just the difference in the list price between the 3 versions, which is $1400 each step up.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the reply, so that would be an additional $2800 for triple adjustability? I know Terry Fair (Vorshlag) and autox my GT3 in SS. I would only be interested in the shocks, would you be willing to selling them only? And do you know if they will work using stock top mounts and springs?
Also why are you selling them?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I'm interested in the sways only.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Spokes
Thanks for the reply, so that would be an additional $2800 for triple adjustability? I know Terry Fair (Vorshlag) and autox my GT3 in SS. I would only be interested in the shocks, would you be willing to selling them only? And do you know if they will work using stock top mounts and springs?
Also why are you selling them?
Terry's a great guy. He and Brian installed my suspension. I really do not want to part it out, I would get stuck trying to sell, springs, tenders, camber plates, etc. so I'm going to try to sell it as a complete system.

I am only selling because my car got totaled and I wont be getting another 996 for a while...

Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
I'm interested in the sways only.
If I sell the coilovers w/o the sways, I will then list them separately. But because the droplinks and brackets are set up for the GT3 sways, i want to try to sell it that way. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Cool, yeah I really was thinking hard about their Bimmer when they had it for sale. Sorry to hear about your car, any damage to the suspension or wheels? Please let me know if you change your mind about the shocks as I have a rear shock that is leaking now and was thinking this is a good time to upgrade what I can in SS. Thanks Troy

Old 03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
The SUV hit me high to the right rear side, crumpling the sheetmetal by the rear pillar, and pushing me into the car in front. There was no damage to any of the suspension or wheels. The car was almost drivable except for a leaking front rad. To fix it properly was expensive, but the potential for additional damage once they tore everything down, was what caused the insurance to total it.

If I dont sell it as is, I'll probably hang on to it since i will eventually get back into a 996. Good luck in SS. I was the only guy in a Cayman S at nationals in 2007. They put me in SS - was not very competitive. A GT3 won SS that year.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Sorry about the car, I really don’t drive mine much on the street..people are crazy out there. Yeah I was there in the GT3 at Nationals in ’07 (my wife end up in second in SSL that year) and in ’08 I was 5th the first day out of 1st by 10ths, second day cones problems and I had my last run to clean it up which left me out of trophies! Bummer…well good luck on the sale and finding your new 996. Troy

Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM
No one even the least bit interested? This is an exceptional suspension that is practically new.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Ken7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the roughKen7258 is a jewel in the rough
How do these coilovers compare to KW v3 for a 996 C2. I already have GT3 sways and adjustable droplinks on the f&r.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I have no personnal experience with the KW, but I think the AST is a little more track oriented. They are inverted struts, which are designed to withstand the sideways forces placed on the strut body during high g turns. They also come with very nice camber plates (Vorshlag) and adjustable droplink brackets. The shock/strut body is threaded so you can raise and lower the droplink attachment point to maximize the geometry (deflection). My Porsche mechanic says that a lot of 996s w/ GT3 bars dont have the droplinks in the right place to minimize that deflection. Let me know if you want more info or pm me if you wanted to talk on the phone. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Price Reduced on this practically new suspension...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS - AST 5100 Monotube Coilovers w/ GT3 Sways, adjustable droplinks, & camber plates