HRE Unveils New Carbon Fiber Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
Chico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to allChico@Vivid is a name known to all
Exclamation HRE Unveils New Carbon Fiber Wheels

HRE unveiled a new carbon fiber wheel at the 2008 Sema show. Working with Dymag, HRE uses there carbon barrel and then a forged center with titanium hardware. The 20 inch wheel will weigh an astonishing 21lbs. Fitments will be available for most luxuryand performance vehicles. With a price tag of around $10,000 these will be avaiable in January 2009.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Regards
Jon

Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
$10k for a set, or per wheel?? lol

either way, very cool wheel.....what does a standard HRE wheel weigh in the same size and model?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
PHIL2 is on a distinguished road
Sick looking

Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !domlee Is a GOD !
Since Dymag is producing the barrel section...are other manufacturers going to contract the work out to Dymag and basically stick their center spoke section as well...and call it "their" wheel?

Or did HRE negotiate w/ Dymag for an exclusive contract/type deal?

Also....I would be interested to know if another manufacturer (such as Rays Engineering) was going to get into the carbon fiber wheel market.

$10k a wheel (or even a set) though...Dayam...

Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I dont about the 20 inch format but I believe the 19 inch P40's weigh around:

19x8.5: 21 lbs
19x11: 24 lbs

Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
This is all speculation and I do not have the EXACT info since this was just shown TODAY at SEMA. I expect the price to be $10K per set. A 20" HRE Monoblock for Porsche weigh about 24lbs/27lbs. So these are lighter, but definitely have a cool factory too. They will have these in 19" and 20" I was told.

For your question about there agreement, I dont have that information. I dont think you will see every manufacturer doing this. These type of relationships are something that is well thought out and only a certain number of brands could pull off.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Cf

Just comparing my stock forged TT wheels to the my Dymag's there is a huge difference , Throw on the TI Lug's and you can feel the difference in take off rolling acceleration & stopping......

The barrel's are very strong

Pictures to back this up coming.....

I will say you cant break the Mag spokes on the Dymag's and if you ruin the barrel you can purchase the part from Dymag with a new one...

Gee-Bee

Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
$10K for a 21 LB wheel ???????

Wow. OZ HLT's are 22/26 lbs. and the set is $1k.

But like they say if you have the $$$ to spend it... F-it!

FYI: Does weight matter much on a 20" wheel? 20" wheels are for looks.

I rather have 2-3 sets of 20" wheels and rotate them than have 1 set.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
Just comparing my stock forged TT wheels to the my Dymag's there is a huge difference , Throw on the TI Lug's and you can feel the difference in take off rolling acceleration & stopping......

The barrel's are very strong

Pictures to back this up coming.....

I will say you cant break the Mag spokes on the Dymag's and if you ruin the barrel you can purchase the part from Dymag with a new one...

Gee-Bee
The mag spokes on the Dymag wheels are vulnerable to fatigue-related failures when used in high stress situations. HRE wisely chose to use forged aluminum.
however, there are now forged monoblock wheels available with similar mass to CF at a far lower cost.
But they do look very cool.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
GEE-BEE post up pics of your car or link me!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
nice! but i like the dymags more...

Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Tezta is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE

Gee-Bee
Imagine the strength of the new forged MagnAlium centers from Dymag.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:51 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Not feeling it...for 10K even for 5K ...

Old 11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Not feeling it...for 10K even for 5K ...
Looks pretty good in person. I had no idea the price tag was set so high when I was looking at them today though.

BTW - Dan, where is your GT-R at SEMA? I found your EVO X but couldn't find the GT-R anywhere.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by mobonic
$10K for a 21 LB wheel ???????

Wow. OZ HLT's are 22/26 lbs. and the set is $1k.

But like they say if you have the $$$ to spend it... F-it!

FYI: Does weight matter much on a 20" wheel? 20" wheels are for looks.

I rather have 2-3 sets of 20" wheels and rotate them than have 1 set.
Please tell ME where can I get 19s OZ HLT for 1k ???

Definately best wheels for money...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE Unveils New Carbon Fiber Wheels