997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2010 GT3 vs current turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
2010 GT3 vs current turbo

Looks like this GT3 with its 435 HP is a bit faster than the turbo for 2010. Could be a better buy this next year if the turbo stays as is. What looks exciting is to be able to whine out 1st and 2nd with 8500 redline which will be a pleasure getting away from the very early 6700-6800 of the tt.
Would miss the all-wheel drive, however.

Last edited by johnww; 06-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Faster?Are you talking about straight lane performance or track race performance?If on a track the 997.1 GT3 even not slower than stock turbos..Especially on a hard corner track.Gt3 designed to do track races but turbos are designed for street drive.

I don't think the 997.2 GT3 can beat the stock turbo on straight lane still..Big different in torque to fix the weight different.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
And those TT's are oh so fun to mod. One can customize the driving performance of the TT and dial it in to user preference with fine precision.

I'm not knocking the GT3, it's a king of the track from a purist tracking perspective.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Look at it this way you can make a turbo handle like a gt3, but you can never get a gt3 to make the power of a turbo. With a few mods the tt is well over 500 hp!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Look at it this way you can make a turbo handle like a gt3, but you can never get a gt3 to make the power of a turbo. With a few mods the tt is well over 500 hp!
On the other hand, you can make a GT3 weigh like a TT, but other than a complete strip out, it's hard to get a TT to weigh like a GT3.

Rumors are that 0-100 and 0-200 kph are on par with a stock TT...(although I haven't seen it...I find it hard to believe.)

I think ultimately, this will be the last great GT3...enlarged 3.8L GT1 block, incredible handling...say good bye in a few years. Buy'em while you can.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
In terms of a better buy, the GT3 has always been a better buy IMO, holds value better and costs less.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
GT3 is like a samurai sword, very precised, lightweight and nimble. Turbo is like a sledge hummer, not very precised (think its steering), heavy but powerful. Both can do a lot of damages to the enemies but in very different ways.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by datax
GT3 is like a samurai sword, very precised, lightweight and nimble. Turbo is like a sledge hummer, not very precised (think its steering), heavy but powerful. Both can do a lot of damages to the enemies but in very different ways.
I'll take the sledge hammer, but a hummer would be "very nice"

Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
don't get me wrong I love the hard edged track focus of the GT3, but I like the power of the Turbo more. Next best thing to a GT2 is a modded turbo IMO. Plus a Turbo can do it all on a daily basis.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I'll take the sledge hammer, but a hummer would be "very nice"

Old 06-04-2009, 12:38 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
i think they are two different cars. bottom line, i would evaluate how much time you want to track the car and/or if you want to a monster for the streets. good luck either way. can't go wrong with either.

do you guys think either will appreciate once the new Obama gas laws kick on in 2015? i don't see a 911 getting 35mpg any time soon.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emturbo
i think they are two different cars. bottom line, i would evaluate how much time you want to track the car and/or if you want to a monster for the streets. good luck either way. can't go wrong with either.

do you guys think either will appreciate once the new Obama gas laws kick on in 2015? i don't see a 911 getting 35mpg any time soon.
Porsche has you covered, bud...through engineering efforts and extensive use of carbon fiber and lightweight materials, allow me to present to you the next generation CGT:

Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
sweet. on order for the 2011.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
I own a 996TT and can say, go with the GT3 if you plan on spending any significant amount of time on the track... it's not THAT easy to lose weight off the turbo, and can be very expensive.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:59 PM
SoCalCFP is on a distinguished road
when i purchased my '09 turbo the GT3's were going well over sticker and i got the turbo below sticker. the turbo is much faster in a straight line. GT3 is faster on the track. either one is awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 vs current turbo