Sponsored by:

Porsche 356 Speedster Replica - Wedding day request ad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Snailspeed is on a distinguished road
Porsche 356 Speedster Replica - Wedding day request ad

Dear all,

So my fiancé and I have been engaged for a little while now. We were hoping on having her mother’s Mercedes 300SE as our wedding car, but that didn’t pan out.

She gave me the task of finding our wedding car, so I started to dream. The strongest expression of my passion for life, love, beauty and motorsports is the majestic and almost mythical Porsche 356 Speedster. I’ve been totally infatuated with a generous part of the Porsche brand since I was a kid, but the 356 Speedster holds a special place in my heart.
Many companies have built replicas for a small fraction of the price of the real thing, and they look absolutely stunning. The only problem is finding such a car, and then finding someone who would be willing to lend it to us complete strangers for that day, or weekend.

I’ve started asking around the 356 and Porsche community with only negative replies. I was told to put out an ad, as maybe that would result in some luck.

So here is my ad that I’m placing, in several automotive forums.

I’m looking for a place or individual who would be kind enough to lend us their Porsche 356 Speedster Replica (in exchange for a fee of course) for our wedding day. Of course, I can’t afford even a replicated car, but it would mean quite a bit to my fiancé and I if we could borrow one.

I’ve always appreciated sports cars, their details and the hard work their owners have put into them, so I would treat any borrowed item like my own; with the utmost respect and care.

My fiancé and I are planning on getting married on August 20th, 2016 in Montréal, Québec. I don’t know if there’s anyone on this forum who owns, or know someone who owns a replica, because a real 356 Speedster is damn near unobtainable and even if it were, I doubt the owner would ever let a total stranger within 5 feet of it.
If you could pass this message on to your members in the area, or possible connections to shops or companies interested, I would be very grateful.

The only requirements I was given by my fiancé is that it couldn’t be red, or any flashy colour. Silver or white is by far the most desirable, but even black or dark green would be considered.

Because rule #1

Best regards,
James