My idea for a tribute to Ben

Old 06-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My idea for a tribute to Ben

How about taking out a space in Excellence magazine?

Old 06-07-2005, 03:11 AM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
yeah i was thinking the exact same thing today, went to see if the new issue was out yet.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
How much would a page be....we can put a picture and a list off all the people that posted underneath like a memorial...Parker has the thread with that list...

Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Allan, we were talking about that as well here as admins. We were thinking to call them and request space but in all likelyhood they will want us to pay for it. I will call today and find out. Last I checked a full page ad, which I think is approprate, was costly.

Arling and all you other talented guys out there please contact me and lets come up with a great design for ben.

Old 06-07-2005, 07:27 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
My thoughts on this is that everyone who knows Ben knows him online... and the cost of an ad in those mags would be better to go to a good cause in Ben's name...

Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by GT3Scott
and the cost of an ad in those mags would be better to go to a good cause in Ben's name...
You're right Scott. Also, Ben would want us to do something that brings joy rather than sorrow to others, as he always did with his generous spirit.

Perhaps if a magazine ad was to be placed, it could be donated by the publisher, and the page could be centered around giving to a charity in Ben's name, rather than mourning.

I'm acquainted with the Excellence staff and am contacting them this morning, working on this possibility. I'll report back.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
that's what we have a strong group here for. i doubt the cost will be an issue we need to get ben's name out there.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arling call me and lets set this up..........

Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
I think most people would agree that it is time we celebrate Ben's life rather than mourn his death. What if the add had pictures of him at car meets and even pics of him at the track doing what he loved. I don't know if thats the best way to do this, but maybe its a start.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
topspn is on a distinguished road
What about a scholarship fund of some sort? Maybe something that takes underprivledged kids to an auto racing school or trade school involving automobiles in efforts to get them interested in positive career?

Old 06-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking the same thing... here is a copy of the PM I sent GT3Scott yesterday:

"It has been a tough time for many of the members here because of this tragic loss. From what I have heard from Ben's wife, it seems that Ben would have loved to have money donated to a specific orphanage in Mexico in his honor. What I was thinking, was to take out a one or two page spread in christophorus or excellence magazine. Not only as a memorial to Ben (as well as Corey), but asking for donations to his memorial fund, which would go to this specific orphanage in Mexico. As a student on summer vacation, I would be more than happy to devote my time to try and make this happen, and help fund the project as well. Please tell me what you think, and ask Ben's wife as well. I would not want to do anything that she would not approve of. If there is anything else you or she may need, please ask it. I feel so useless stuck in NY."

Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Sit tight for just a couple of days. I'm addressing this today with the Excellence publisher, chief editor and sales manager, all of whom I know. I'll see if they can donate this page, and if not, to give us the lowest price possible.

We, in turn, can help make up the cost by spreading the word across the internet boards to buy this Excellence issue, and contribute to the charity as Ben would. It will not only offset the cost, it will further the charitable contributions tremendously.

I'll report back.

Dave

Old 06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Super D, please PM me with anything that I can do to help.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
same here, SUPER D

Old 06-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
COunt me in with $$ support for this too.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My idea for a tribute to Ben