Proposed mourning period...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:03 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Unhappy Proposed mourning period...

Mourning is a very personal thing, and everyone addresses it in their own way. This is the way I'm addressing it.

Ben was a very fun-loving person, always bringing joy to others, and I don't think he'd want us to remain in mourning for a long period of time. Rather, I think he'd want us to get back to having fun, spending time together and enjoying life, as he did--and as we did with him.

Today, I'm changing my avatar from the dark CGT picture, to the picture of flowers taken at the Vigil in OC (thanks Darren, for making this avatar). The flowers reminded me not to focus on Ben's death in sorrow, but rather to celebrate his life.

I will mourn for 39 days, each day representing a year of Ben's life. Each day, setting aside a special moment to stop and think of my friend and honor him.

After the 39 days, on July 14th, I'll change my avatar back to my regular one. It will be the end of my mourning period, although I'll continue to think of Ben forever.

Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Great idea D.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
This morning I woke up at 4am and went to the beach. I stood at the end of the jeti and just took in the moment. After that I went to the park near my house and enjoyed the peace and nature.

Its somthing I've wanted to do but just didnt have the motivation to wake up early and do it.

"Why write in sand when you can carve in stone?"

If its something I learned from all of this, its : Dont wait till another time to enjoy life and share what you have to enjoy.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all

Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Well thought out, Dave.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with ya Super D...

Old 06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry I didnt respond to your post in my previous message SuperD, I meant to reinforce your statement with what I posted.
"I think he'd want us to get back to having fun, spending time together and enjoying life, as he did"

take care all

Old 06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in Dave.

Old 07-16-2005, 01:51 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Re: Proposed mourning period...

Originally posted by Super D
Mourning is a very personal thing, and everyone addresses it in their own way. This is the way I'm addressing it.

Ben was a very fun-loving person, always bringing joy to others, and I don't think he'd want us to remain in mourning for a long period of time. Rather, I think he'd want us to get back to having fun, spending time together and enjoying life, as he did--and as we did with him.

Today, I'm changing my avatar from the dark CGT picture, to the picture of flowers taken at the Vigil in OC (thanks Darren, for making this avatar). The flowers reminded me not to focus on Ben's death in sorrow, but rather to celebrate his life.

I will mourn for 39 days, each day representing a year of Ben's life. Each day, setting aside a special moment to stop and think of my friend and honor him.

After the 39 days, on July 14th, I'll change my avatar back to my regular one. It will be the end of my mourning period, although I'll continue to think of Ben forever.

I've thought about Ben every day and will into the future. Today, I'm changing my avatar back to my normal one, although it still doesn't feel normal around here, and it probably won't for quite some time.

Ben is gone, but he leaves behind his spirit and passion for sports cars and fellow enthusiasts, an exemplary standard of character that inspired many of us, the memory of his sharp wit and incredible sense of humor, and a reminder to share with others the greatest gift you have to offer...your precious time.

I'm grateful for the time I got to share with him, and I'm sure many of you are as well. Although I regret it was cut short, I'm very thankful for the friendship we started.

I'll always remember you, my friend...

Dave