6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Technical Advisors
411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !411 Is a GOD !
Hello

Hello, I'm 411, and I consist of several volunteer technical information advisers that have been assembled for the benefit of members of 6speedonline. Please post your technical questions regarding engines, transmissions/clutch/drive train and suspension in this forum and we will try to provide timely answers.

If your question is outside those areas it will be moved to the appropriate general forum area.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Any way to have 6speedonline turn off all the ads that clog up the posts. I'd rather have the sponsors ads than all the random stuff which mostly comes from data mining things I might have looked at stuck all over the posts?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 AM
defreest is on a distinguished road
I have a question reguarding installing heated seats in a 2005 996 Turbo S. My question is are the cars pre wired so that If I bought the switched console and the heated mats that go into the seats is it posiable to add heat with out carving up the existing wireing? Do the cars come with the plugs/connectors wired in and it plug and play?
Thanks in advance.
By the way this 411 idea is a good one!

Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Any way to have 6speedonline turn off all the ads that clog up the posts. I'd rather have the sponsors ads than all the random stuff which mostly comes from data mining things I might have looked at stuck all over the posts?
Not really the proper place to ask this question but I'll give it a try...if you are just viewing the forum as a guest you will get all sorts of pop ups but if you are fully logged in your experience should be much better

Old 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM
soltino is on a distinguished road
How do we subscribe to this Forum?

tino

Old 03-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by soltino
How do we subscribe to this Forum?

tino
You just did by posting...you can also subscribe by using thread tools at the top of the window

Old 03-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by defreest
I have a question reguarding installing heated seats in a 2005 996 Turbo S. My question is are the cars pre wired so that If I bought the switched console and the heated mats that go into the seats is it posiable to add heat with out carving up the existing wireing? Do the cars come with the plugs/connectors wired in and it plug and play?
Thanks in advance.
By the way this 411 idea is a good one!
Agreed that 411 is a good idea...but it is intended for technical questions specifically addressing engine, drivetrain and suspension issues...your question could be more quickly answered in the general 996 Turbo section as many members have switched seats...from my experience I believe you will find the wiring may be there but no fused power source is provided but please post your question in the 996 Turbo section as those guys will know

Old 03-22-2014, 03:51 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dadio
This section was a great idea. Hope it's a hit. And as long as I'm here, my oil cap is particularly hard to remove. Thought it was the seal on the cap so I bought a new cap and noticed little improvement. Problem exists when removing cap from cold engine or warm. Top of oil tube, that part the cap seals to, feels rough. Problem started only a few months ago. Car is '07 C4S. Any thoughts ?
I m not 411 but I believe those caps are supposed to be like that. They make a tight seal on purpose for pressure reasons that will effect engines smooth running if not sealed properly.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
It is Ok to jump in and answer.....and thanks
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I m not 411 but I believe those caps are supposed to be like that. They make a tight seal on purpose for pressure reasons that will effect engines smooth running if not sealed properly.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Chuck or Tim can correct me, but I believe if any of the 411 techs respond, their user name will be 411.

For information only, you would probably give your left nut to be able to get information from any of these 411 Techs. This is one elite group and I'm not exaggerating one bit. You have everything from the best racing transmission builder, to participant's of multi F1 Championship team, top engine management designers, top race team owner, turbo designer, top suspension builder and much more. Some of these people have not prior been on the 6speed forums. I was blow away when some offered to participate.

Respect should be the first thing that comes to mind when any of these people respond. I also advise patience as these 411 Techs have extremely busy schedules and will visit as often as time allows them.

Last edited by cjv; 03-22-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Spot on

Old 03-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Administrator
Yes Chad, any response from our guest contributors will be posted by 411. I will second your remarks that we are incredibly fortunate to have such a collection of experts and I would ask our members to be respectful and ask the tough engine, engine management, running gear, clutch, transmission, suspension and brake technical questions here and ask their general questions in the regular forums.

Last edited by cjv; 03-22-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added question topics
Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 PM
cartersfly is on a distinguished road
996 turbo info

I need some info on the Before TDU for the intake cam and after TDC for the exhaust to use the double dial indicators. What is the degrees for each cam. I called digidix and he replied all cams are different and Porsche will not give him the info Anyone out there have the info. Please help going back together Jim

Old 07-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerbomark

As a follow up. New cap was installed and corrected the problem which was a dried out seal on the oil cap. I suspect this issue will become more common as these cars age and felt the solution was worth noting for future readers regardless of the complexity, or lack, of the solution.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Administrator
cartersfly

This is not the place to ask your questions as you buried within a thread titled "hello"....you need to start your own thread here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ion-forum-184/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.