6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Boxster Litronics Parts Stolen- Need Help To get Working Again!? (Please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 PM
arcangely2k is on a distinguished road
Boxster Litronics Parts Stolen- Need Help To get Working Again!? (Please!!

Hi guys,

I'm having a HELL of a time. A mechanic who I trusted made off with a bunch of parts and dumped my car back on my street before disappearing.

He left me the shells/enclosures for my Litronic headlights, but took out all of the bulbs from inside. While I think I can figure out the high beams/turn signals and other bulbs, it would be great if you could help me with those part numbers.

MY BIG PROBLEM - its a 2001 Boxster S. I've tried ordering D2S and D1S aftermarket HID kits and my new mechanic keeps telling me that the bulbs that I ordered do NOT fit the enclosure. I've been quoted "$1000 per side" for used Litronic complete enclosures...so this isn't an option.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me which replacement ballast/bulb kit to get, which bulb type, and where to get it? I can't drive the car until this is fixed!!

THANK YOU!