6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

swapping out standard clock to a sports chrono on 958 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:38 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
swapping out standard clock to a sports chrono on 958 Cayenne

Wondering if any one has done a retrofit of a regular clock to a sports chrono? I like the look of a digital display in the clock, and want to change out my existing "regular" one for chrono. Don't really care about the actual chrono mapping in the engine, but if anyone knows anything about that please share.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 PM
seahawks is on a distinguished road
My 2011TT didn't have a clock or Chrono as they weren't available in the 1st production year. I decided to retrofit it after I saw a friend's 2012's. I bought an analog clock and a chrono clock from eBay as I wasn't sure which one would work for me. They also came with a new dash-top cover matching my dash color and a connection cable. Before the installation, I've my PCM updated from 2.40 to 2.47 by the local dealer.

The installation is about an hour. I found useful videos on YouTube showing how to take out the PCM.

I firstly hooked up the analog clock. It started working immediately. Then I replaced the analog clock with the chrono one. Guess what? It worked too! What suppressed me was a new Sports Chrono menu also showed up in the little round LCD! All sports chrono functions worked perfectly. I also noticed there's a newly added checkbox "Chrono" under Setting-->Datetime needs to be checked in order to enable the backlight on both clocks.

However the wife prefers the analog clock. So it ended up with a analog clock sitting on center dash top and a digital chrono clock in the little round LCD.