6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

997.1 GT3 What ICE Options are there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:28 AM
bjmurph is on a distinguished road
997.1 GT3 What ICE Options are there?

I have recently purchased a 2007 GT3, my first Porsche, and it is very special and I am learning to enjoy it immensly. My car has the CDR24 and while I am happy with the quality of the sound and the OE speakers are just fine, I would like to upgrade to either a system with a hard drive or one that has USB capability. I don't necessarily need nav but if a nav/hard drive system similar to the VW RNS 510 is available for the Porsche I would seriously consider it. Basically I want to run either USB for music or have a hard drive onto which i can download my music. I never listen to radio, and I don't want amps or upgraded speaker systems.
Anyone out there got any suggestions? I would prefer a Porsche unit but would consider aftermarket.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:56 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
From my experience, the Denison unit is what the majority of 997.1 owners use. Here is a link to a board sponsors page that typically has great deals.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...product_id=125