6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Shattered rear quarter glass! Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:29 AM
AJ Severino is on a distinguished road
Shattered rear quarter glass! Help!

Beas trying to put the roll cage in without taking out the seats because I am impatient and I shattered my driver rear quarter window. Can someone tell me the procedure to remove trim and install my new glass? Thanks, and pictures would help.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Porque is on a distinguished road
Unhook battery. Remove seats front seats. Remove rear seats. Remove stereo base box. Remove seat belt carrier cover from "b" pillar. Remove carrier. Remove all trim pieces and panels around the inside of window. Remove any obstructing insulation. Unscrew retainer nuts attached to window. Remove remaining window glass from the broken window. Re-assemble in reverse.

Personally, I got the window about 1/2" out and called it quits and buttoned it all back up because I just new that I was going to break something, and at 6'3" ,250 lbs and a bad back I had had enough. Decided to live with the mystery scratches imparted by the previous owner. Still have the replacement side window glass. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and find a referral for a body shop that knows what they are doing.

Good luck, but based on the age of your unanswered original post, I'm sure you've figured it out.

Porque