6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

996TT front skid protection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Dapainta has a spectacular aura aboutDapainta has a spectacular aura about
996TT front skid protection?

My 03 996TT is sitting on Champion springs and lowered about 1.25". It is prone to receive a few scrapes to the spoiler lip and front carriage. Are there any attachments or skid remedies out there? I'm having no luck finding them anywhere.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dapainta
My 03 996TT is sitting on Champion springs and lowered about 1.25". It is prone to receive a few scrapes to the spoiler lip and front carriage. Are there any attachments or skid remedies out there? I'm having no luck finding them anywhere.
Even my stock height 2003 996 Turbo scrapes the air dam at almost any and every driveway. I arrange to enter/leave on a bias and to go real slow to minimize the amount and severity of the scraping. I don't think I have managed to scrape the suspension/underbody but of course my car's not as low as your's.

About the only thing I can think of that might help - besides being very very careful and paying attention entering/leaving driveways -- would be a front axle lift of some sort something like some of the newer Porsche sports cars come with but of course you would have to go aftermarket for this as a front axle lift was not an option for the car when it first appeared.

There is still the rear of the car but the body there is not as at risk of making contact, althought the exhaust tips might be at some risk if the driveway was particularly steep. Odds are though the front end would drag so bad you'd not make it through enough to subject the rear of the car to any grounding/scraping.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 PM
I roll over my drive curbing on a 45 and very slowly. So far I've not found any available sources for any kind of skid for the front. There;s a product called a "Boomerang" because of it's shape. It's S/S but I'm not sure it's available anymore or if it would work on a lowered 996TT. Carefully I go on....

Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Still watching for a good solution...

Old 02-29-2016, 06:07 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
try a c4s front lip