6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Durametric Pro

Old 08-11-2016, 12:39 PM
BlackOnBlack987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Durametric Pro

I'm a new member to the site but have been a long-time reader. I have a couple Porsches ('06 Cayenne and '08 Cayman S).

My issue is that I have after-market 20" wheels on the Cayman and the TPMS system is consistently telling me my pressure is either -5 psi too low or that the tire is flat, which is simply not the case. My tire gauges are right, the sensor/reader is wrong.

I've found pretty good instructions on disabling the TPMS with the Durametric tool, but it requires re-coding with the Pro version. I only have the Enthusiast version at home.

I'm located in the Milwaukee area. Curious if A: There is anyone locally that may let me stop over and use there's. B: If someone would be generous and allow me to pay shipping to borrow one.

The enthusiast version is more than adequate for most of what I tinker with. I can't see spending $750 on the pro version. I've already asked the local dealer if they'd disable the TPMS system, and that was shot down quickly.

Thanks for your help.