6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Cayman S Dead Accelerator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 02:03 PM
davearm is on a distinguished road
Cayman S Dead Accelerator

New to me 2006 Cayman S. 24,000 miles. Noticed that suddenly, complete loss of acceleration, no response from gas pedal. If I release the pedal, it will then accelerate normally. usually happens after going around a corner. Can be in any gear, but usually around a 90 degree turn, left or right. Can be from a stop. No codes thrown. 1 instance of a PSM failure, which disappeared after shutting off the motor, and then restarting. Good, gas, full tank. Have seen some discussions about steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensor, and/or brake pedal switch malfunction. Car feels like traction control/PSM is activating, but will do it with the PSM turned off.
Any ideas? At my indy right now trying to figure it out.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by davearm
New to me 2006 Cayman S. 24,000 miles. Noticed that suddenly, complete loss of acceleration, no response from gas pedal. If I release the pedal, it will then accelerate normally. usually happens after going around a corner. Can be in any gear, but usually around a 90 degree turn, left or right. Can be from a stop. No codes thrown. 1 instance of a PSM failure, which disappeared after shutting off the motor, and then restarting. Good, gas, full tank. Have seen some discussions about steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensor, and/or brake pedal switch malfunction. Car feels like traction control/PSM is activating, but will do it with the PSM turned off.
Any ideas? At my indy right now trying to figure it out.
Any pending codes?

Absent any pending codes it kind of reads like there's break in a fuel line in the tank and under g-forces the fuel supply to the engine gets interrupted. Doesn't have to a be a complete loss of fuel just a drop in fuel pressure.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:00 PM
davearm is on a distinguished road
No codes, either saved or flashes while driving the car and having it hooked up to computer, even when the pedal went dead. Steering angle sensor was off, reset, but didn't fix it. Had them change the brake pedal sensor, and so far, that seems to have been the culprit. Will see as time goes by.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.