6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

2006 Cayenne luggage light wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 03:36 PM
Nickolai is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face 2006 Cayenne luggage light wiring

Hello guys!
I'm new to the forum so please don't crush me too bad if I ask a dumb question.
I have a 2006 Cayenne Base 3.2 I've been working on. I had to drop the rear head panel down that contains the luggage compartment light while running the wiring for my backup camera I installed. Everything went smooth, but i noticed that the light never worked so I figured it was a bad bulb. I noticed that the plug from I assume the harness should be leading to it is not there and missing. I reached my hand up with a light pulled the headliner down and looked all over left and right and it's as if the plug or harness never existed. Looks like the back head panel has been removed before since the vehicle I noticed had been in a rear end collision which tweaked the back hatch a bit.

In any case, I've been looking high and low at parts diagrams, schematics, etc. and I can't seem to find where the plug for that luggage light would lead from so I can try and pull panels off and track it down. I know they didn't just shove a light in there at the dealership for aesthetics.

If anyone knows or has time to pull their panel off really quick (it just snaps in) please let me know. There is no way for me to really wire it manually unless I know which circuit it needs to be wired into since this thing is all resistance/computer controlled. (Thanks german engineering).

Thanks again for your patience in reading all this.
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	You_Doodle_2016-11-15T22_15_53Z.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	463608  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.