911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

The start of my long awaited build ('80 SC)

Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
The start of my long awaited build ('80 SC)

Also posted at Pelican as well, under the same name.

Hey guys. Ive been a long time Porsche lover. Always thought they were the prettiest, sexiest, most awe-inspiring car as a kid...and still on to this day. Anyways, I had a chance to pick one up about six months ago. I saw the car on the internet in Minneapolis. I decided it would be a fun trip to fly up there, stay the night, and then drive it back to Florida.

Long story short, I fell in love with my new car. It had its quirks, and it wasnt perfect, but it was mine and I was stoked. It was a great trip with my best friend as we drove through Tenn. through the mountains, down through GA and finally back here to St. Augustine. All in all it took four days from start to finish.

Then the sickness began. Parts started getting added to the wish list, nights got longer as I delved through numerous websites looking at what I wanted to do next.

Well after about five weeks of driving her, a buddy wanted to drive it. Said he had driven a stick before, so I said ok and jumped into the passenger seat. After turning out of his neighborhood we made it around 200 yards before he dropped the clutch with his foot on the gas and into a tree we went.

So instead of waiting to get all the body work done later, I decided to do it sooner. God gave me lemons, so I decided to make lemonade out them (no sense in crying about it. My buddy was sorry, so I moved on).

Anyways, on to the photos:

Thats how it looked when I bought it.

Thats how it looked after my buddy had lost it.

Stats on the car: 1980 911SC, with a sunroof, a 3.6l out of a 964 (1990 I believe), updated seats, factory original Fuschs, SSIs, and updated 964 body panels.

So on to what Im looking to get out of the car. It will be a mostly DE/track car. I want to cut out as much weight as possible, shooting for sub 2300. Redo the motor, making it a 3.8l with about 315 to the wheels. Basically I would like it to be similar to this car:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-10-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 09-23-2010, 05:06 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
And well, here is the progress so far:

I know some people wont like it, I know some might. But since the car had been in wreck before I bought it (2 actually I found out), and it wasnt a numbers matching Porsche, I decided to do my own thing. I bought it to enjoy it, to smile as I drive it, to listen to the flat six sing, and that is just what I am going to do! Thanks. Ill keep this updated.

Chris

Old 10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
joshv911 is on a distinguished road
Subscribed, nice project! This is exactly what project I'm looking to start myself and just started a thread about it on here. Please post as many pics as you can through the process and give us details of the build. Are those fiberglass fender flares?

Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Looooovvvvvveeeeeee what you are in the process of doing brother.......good luck and subscribed.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Had some more time to keep working on the car. Since I last posted I have:

removed the hood, doors, all glass, seats, shifter, blower motor, all of the carpets, and started on getting the dynamat and undercoating off... needless to say, I hate dynamat and undercoating...

Anyways, enough of that, here are the photos.

Attached Images      
Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
very cool project...looking forward to more updates..always loved the rauh-welt cars

Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Here are some more...

Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 AM
whis9 is on a distinguished road
In for updates. Thanks for sharing the progress

Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
pmor13 is on a distinguished road
hey naplesbound,

i love your project! i have my eye on an 83 sc, and want to do the same thing. where did you get your fiberglass kit, and how much did it cost? great project, and keep the pics coming!

pat

Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Abdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the roughAbdon is a jewel in the rough
Subscribed. Love these projects!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:18 AM
coastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant future
Oooooh, this is going to be good! Subscribed.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
awesome project!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
fekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to behold
Look forward to seeing finished product!

Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Great project and from the looks of it you've done this before. Interesting to see how you went about flaring the front fenders. Shop is spotless as well. Must be a pile of stuff somewhere. Great pics. Keep 'em coming. Love this stuff.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 AM
ghost//dub is on a distinguished road
Subscribed. I love RW cars so much. Can't wait to see how this turns out, looks like you're making great progress so far!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The start of my long awaited build ('80 SC)