911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

KW Suspensions Adjustable Variant 3 Dampers for Porsche 911 G-Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
KW Suspensions Adjustable Variant 3 Dampers for Porsche 911 G-Series

The classic Porsche 911 models have always been characterized as a timeless work of art, coupled with just the right amount of sportiness. Everywhere in the world, the “911” is known as an iconic sports car; the “G-Series model” also enjoys an unimagined popularity. Since the market launch of the poplar classic Porsche 911 G-model, chassis technology has taken quite a leap forward. With the KW Suspensions classic suspension program, different options are available with all-new KW forged spindles as the foundation.

The demand for an individual suspension kit has been high and for good reason. From now on, compression and rebound damping independently adjustable KW Variant 3 shock absorbers are available as a suspension complete set in galvanized steel housings for all Porsche 911 G-series model (from model year 1974) built from 1973 – 1989 also known as “G-body”.

KW Suspensions’ damping forces adjustable V3 shock absorbers provide you with the possibility to create your own personal settings. Apart from the quantum leap in terms of driving dynamics, the KW Suspension kit features spindle housings and dampers, so time-consuming strut conversions with replacement cartridges is not necessary. In addition to that, the standard torsion bar springs on the front and rear axle can still be used. You will experience less body roll on bad roads and a more neutral driving experience overall.

With the integrated compression and rebound adjustment click adjusters, it is easy to individually adjust KW’s recommended damper basic setup. For example, with its 16 click setting, the rebound allows to directly take influence on the handling characteristics as well as the driving comfort. With the low speed compression valve, which can be adjusted in twelve clicks, the driving behavior of the Porsche classic can be further increased if desired.

A higher compression level on the front axle allows an even more direct steering, and on the rear axle, higher compression damping forces counteract the oversteering. Due to the degressive valve assembly of the preconfigured high speed compression valve, the damping is positively influenced in the case of a sudden driving over street bumps. The wheels can immerse suddenly and this for example prevents the jumping over road irregularities. A classic Porsche 911 equipped with the adjustable KW shock absorbers receives a much more direct handling.

The G-Body also gets significiantly more grip on the rear axle without an increased oversteer. Even the remaining comfort is increased. “I drove a lot of classic Porsche”, says Carsten Prochaska, President of Porsche Club für den klassischen 911 Südwest e.V. “But the new V3 dampers in a G-Body is the perfect kit even on bumpy roads I got a relaxed ride. All four tyres are always connected with the road and the steering is always direct without the typical oversteer. It is perfect and I will upgrade my Porsche SC with the new shock absorbers.”

Old 01-19-2017, 09:07 AM
LuvPorsche will become famous soon enough
Please me price, I'd love to have these on my 1974

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.