Sponsored by:

Carbotech brakes for a 924 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 AM
CarbotechDanny is on a distinguished road
Carbotech brakes for a 924 Turbo...

Hello 6speed members,

My name is Danny Puskar and I am from Carbotech Performance Brakes. Carbotech has recently become a sponsor on 6speedonline.com. I have been a member and a fan of this forum for quite a while now, and would love nothing more than to support this forum when possible.
There isn't a brake pad or brake shoe that Carbotech can't make. We can build any and all brake pads with your choice of our compounds that you need for your application.

If you’re not familiar with Carbotech then here is some information that separates us from everybody else. If you want more information then please visit our website at www.ctbrakes.com

Carbotech Performance Brakes™ began 15 years ago. In the beginning we thought like everybody else and made brake compounds out of carbon & iron. The problem with carbon & iron is that when it heats up it forms carbide. Carbide is used in cutting tools, so imagine what that does to your rotors. Along with the fact that those compounds tear up rotors, they also produce very corrosive brake dust. While our competition stills uses carbon & iron as the main ingredients in their compounds, Carbotech™ started an entire new philosophy over seven years ago.

Carbotech Performance Brakes™, a world leader in Ceramic friction materials™. It was over seven years ago that Carbotech™ started building brake pads out of Ceramic, Kevlar, and Carbon for street, autocross and racing applications. Carbotech™ is the only brake pad manufacturer in the world with a complete line of Ceramic compounds for street, autocross, and track use.

Carbotech-Ceramic™ compounds are known for their unsurpassed release & modulation, while maintaining very consistent torque control characteristics. Carbotech™brake pads are extremely rotor friendly and contain 100% non-corrosive brake dust, that’s something that has been unmatched by any other brake pad in the industry.

Our competitor’s brake pads perform like an “on/off” switch. Brake pads that perform like an "on/off" switch are upsetting the balance of the car by violently throwing all that weight forward (not to mention that you don't get any modulation with an "on/off" type of brake pad). You don't realize how much it upsets your car until you have tried Carbotech™ brake pads.

Carbotech™ has a seven year head start on the competition when it comes to our great philosophy on modulation & release, rotor friendliness, non-corrosive dust, and an unmatched consistent bite/torque control.

Carbotech™ uses advanced friction technology to perfect all of our compounds for the street & track. Research & Development (R&D) is not just a company philosophy; it’s a way of life at Carbotech™. We strive in constantly improving our existing compounds as new technologies and materials come to market.

Carbotech Performance Brakes™ allows drivers to Go Deep™ into the corners and out brake the competition. Carbotech™ has won multiple pro races, national championships, and rally races all over the world. Our high performance street compound is our 1521™. The next in our lineup is our Autocross compound, AX6™.

Our race compounds start with the letters "XP™" then they are followed by a number. The first number is 8 (XP8™, then XP10, XP12, and XP16), and as you go up in numbers the initial bite gets much stronger, higher fade resistance, higher torque, and an increase in the temperature range. On that same note, as you go up in our compound numbers you will get slightly faster wear rate on the pads and a little more aggressive on the rotors. That being said, even our more rotor aggressive compounds are still much more rotor friendly then our competitions compounds.

For more information please visit our website at ctbrakes.com or give us a call at 877-899-5024.

Thank You for your time,

Old 09-07-2008, 07:57 AM
daves4izzle is on a distinguished road
Welcome! I use your Bobcat pads on my B5 S4 and I love em! Best pad I've ever used...

Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
flosho is on a distinguished road
I will look into these, as it is about time to replace the brakes on my car.