Please help me find a 930 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Please help me find a 930 for sale

I wish I had more knowledge about these cars but I do not. Hence the reason I am turning to this great website. Seems to be a plethora of great knowledge and info here and of course some awesome cars. My boss is looking to buy a 930 (I believe it's a 930 and not a 933) I am from Corvettefoum but I love all kinds of cars and usually lurk on this board as well as many others.

I figured I would just post the email he sent me as well as some of the pictures of the cars he was looking at to give you guys a better idea. Thanks for any and all help you may be able to provide. I do know he would be happy with a coupe or cab. I will get more info from him on the mileage and any options he may desire tomorrow. For now this is the only info he gave me .... as well as the pics he sent me

Chris,

The coupe is a 1989. I was trying to get it, but the owner lost it in a divorce settlement - at least that's what he told me. The other on is in Utah... a long way. I think it's still available, but I can't do anything until after I move from Bayonne - at the end of the month. As you see, I want a wide body - the slant nose is optional and so is the convertible. The one in Texas was $17K - the guy in Utah is asking $25K. (I'm trying to stay within that price range, so I know the car will be old/(classic). I will check out the website you sent me. Do you know anyone in Salt Lake City?

Ed

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001F.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	71245   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebea_3-1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	71246   Click image for larger version

Name:	edcd_3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	71247   Click image for larger version

Name:	eec9_3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	71248   Click image for larger version

Name:	f00f_3-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	71249  

Old 06-07-2008, 06:46 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
BUMP

Old 06-07-2008, 07:24 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Check Rennlist, the 930 section is very active over there.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks!! Pardon my ignorance but whats Rennlist?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Hobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really nice
Its another Porsche discussion forum, very active 930 section.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by thegame
I wish I had more knowledge about these cars but I do not. Hence the reason I am turning to this great website. Seems to be a plethora of great knowledge and info here and of course some awesome cars. My boss is looking to buy a 930 (I believe it's a 930 and not a 933) I am from Corvettefoum but I love all kinds of cars and usually lurk on this board as well as many others.

I figured I would just post the email he sent me as well as some of the pictures of the cars he was looking at to give you guys a better idea. Thanks for any and all help you may be able to provide. I do know he would be happy with a coupe or cab. I will get more info from him on the mileage and any options he may desire tomorrow. For now this is the only info he gave me .... as well as the pics he sent me

Chris,

The coupe is a 1989. I was trying to get it, but the owner lost it in a divorce settlement - at least that's what he told me. The other on is in Utah... a long way. I think it's still available, but I can't do anything until after I move from Bayonne - at the end of the month. As you see, I want a wide body - the slant nose is optional and so is the convertible. The one in Texas was $17K - the guy in Utah is asking $25K. (I'm trying to stay within that price range, so I know the car will be old/(classic). I will check out the website you sent me. Do you know anyone in Salt Lake City?

Ed
I dont know of too many 930s in the 17-25k range the turbos really hold value

Old 06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Addicted is on a distinguished road
He won't find a decent 930 Turbo in that price range. He better have that thing really examined well if he does. At those prices the seller is either unaware of what he has or is in a bad financial bind and needs to sell if the car is ok. A decent low mileage 930 with no story is likely to start in the mid 30's and a decent 1989 carries a significant premium. Good luck with the hunt. He could find a standard, non-turbo, 930 in that price range.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Addicted
non-turbo, 930.
There is no such thing.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:01 AM
emjayem is on a distinguished road

sorry i only have a pic. its in naples tho. i know nothing else

Last edited by emjayem; 06-19-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: sorry i only have a pic. its in naples tho. i know nothing else
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 PM
str8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to behold
^^ He was asking $92k. I just realized it's a little out of your price range...haha

Last edited by str8-take; 06-19-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by str8-take
^^ He was asking $92k. I just realized it's a little out of your price range...haha
wow, that is steep, but I know very little other than it is an awesome car. must be factory slant? beautiful car tho

Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 AM
That is definately not a factory slant. It's a DP (DP= Design Plastics. Body kits built in germany, some were mechanically tuned by Kremmer, that is if they were more than just a body kit).

Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
That is definately not a factory slant. It's a DP (DP= Design Plastics. Body kits built in germany, some were mechanically tuned by Kremmer, that is if they were more than just a body kit).
oh, ok. I'm not really sure how to tell if it is or not. I like it tho!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Factory Slant:

Old 06-21-2008, 12:21 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
$17-25k is laughable. Be prepared to do everything to the car at those prices. Keep in mind a good Porsche shop engine rebuild starts at $15k these days. Maybe look at Carreras, I know of a nice one for sale in AZ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help me find a 930 for sale