Storing the 930?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Achtung930 is on a distinguished road
Storing the 930?

With the end of summer fast approaching, I wanted to pose the question, does anyone keep their cars separate from their homes? I am looking to do this for 2 reasons: 1) I am planning some major home renovations over late fall/winter and will be keeping a lot of my items out of sight in the garage where my 930 sits 2) To prevent myself from the temptation of driving my 930 on salty/slippery/wet roads, I am considering to keep my 930 in a storage facility. Does anyone have any experiences with this? I am willing to drive up to 60 miles radius from Manhattan for the right place.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
One option is searching Craigslist and get a private garage rental in within your radius. I did it years ago while had home renovations and worked out well.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 AM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
I'd let you try my garage but lord knows I'm not trustworthy with one of those laying around.

There should be plenty of choices in Manhattan (don't know if that's where you live) but check with high end dealers as well. The Ferrari dealer near me sells winter storage and not just for Ferraris. They offered it to me to store my GT3 when I was doing major home renovations a couple years back. I kept the car in my garage for the first day. The contractor built a temporary wall to protect from any potential issues but it was covered in saw dust when I got home.

I immediately cleaned and called the Ferrari dealer and sent it there for the rest of the winter. GT3s really can't be driven in the cold weather (never mind salt and snow) due to the tires that are on them.