Z-Codes / Special Wishes - effect on value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:50 PM
930911 is on a distinguished road
Z-Codes / Special Wishes - effect on value?

Hey,

I have an '86 930 with about 35k km's on the clock and it has below Z-Codes which are checked from PAG-system.

I don't have plans to sell the car but I was just wondering about the potential "value" - if any - of the car being a special wishes car even though it's only interior stuff and not the desired slant / more powerful engine.

Any insight / thoughts on this?

I did try to search but didn't find anything...and I have posted same question on rennlist as well but no answers yet - hence posted this here also.

0658 - Colour Pearleffect - White - Herbol 947
0030 - Front- and rear seat only in combination with Code 98/9 or 94/ 95
full leather
0209 - Full leather interior package in individual colour - see enclosed
sketch - only with interior 98
0830 - steering wheel/ hub cushion/ impact absorber leather pearl white -
leather in individual colour 99
0546 - sun visors in leather pear white (mirror covered)
0744 - roof liner in leather grey-green (standard colour) with A- and
B-column (leather in individual colour pearl white)

Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Arnie1 has a spectacular aura aboutArnie1 has a spectacular aura about
It depends what the special wishes options are. In your case no big deal. The white pearl paint was a 10,000 option that year and it takes a certain person to like it. The truly unusual options you have is the headliner, sun visor, and steering column in deviating color.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:42 AM
930911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Arnie1
It depends what the special wishes options are. In your case no big deal. The white pearl paint was a 10,000 option that year and it takes a certain person to like it. The truly unusual options you have is the headliner, sun visor, and steering column in deviating color.
Of course there is a difference in what the options are: an original slant with engine upgrades is of course more desirable than a car with interior only options. I guess the relative rarity of the options make the added value. And I wasn't trying to imply that these options are "a big deal". The car is unique in a certain way though compared to "stock" 930's.

Each person of course has a taste of their own and used cars very seldom match 100% to one's liking. Then again as they don't make new 930's we have to live with what is available

Last edited by 930911; 10-20-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
You want to try.. of all things.. FerrariChat.com. They have a fairly active discussion doing on 930s with a focus on $$$ and bias towards originality. Not my cup of tea but some very good information there.

I can tell you that condition is everything. If your interior condition is pristine it will make a huge difference to value. I have no clue about refinishing a color like this but I am certain there are quality shops that can do it. If you are unaware, prices have jumped dramatically and the big money is for originality and great condition.
GL