Don Nguyen | My Porsche 911 V8 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
Not really an update on my Porsche, but I have had a lot of requests for pictures of my widebody E36 M3, so instead of PMing everyone back individually, here are the pictures of it.

This is basically a recap of the past 4 years in 3 pictures, with the red black and white being the oldest and the car in black being the most recent.

I do automotive vinyl wrapping professionally, so changing the color of the car is easy for me. The original colors of red/black/white were painted. However, the matte white and matte black are vinyl wraps. Had the matte white for a month before going matte black. Just felt right. May just get the car painted gloss black later on, or if I feel ballsy enough, I'll redo the red/black/white theme again.

If you really want to follow more oft the progress on my other builds (my widebody M3, motorcycles, etc.), pretty much all of my pictures and updates on those will be posted through instagram, since I don't really feel like they deserve their own threads.

Instagram: @don__nguyen (double underscores in between the name).

Direct link: http://instagr.am/p/WgKZ5DBLgd/

-Don

Attached Images     
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's pretty !!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
Didn't work on my Porsche this weekend. Waiting one some more parts to come in before real progress can start. Most of the car is already apart. Instead, I spent time playing around with my gopros and video editing some more.

Direct link: http://instagram.com/p/WuOugtBLiP/

-Don

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor
Only pictures I can post right now. The internet server that I am connected through won't let me access my host/server, so these instagram pictures will have to do for now.

I feel like the interior is stripped to a good point now. Whatever is left, I will just end up covering with sound deadening and carpet anyways, so getting every last glue adhesive/residue out is not too necessary imo. Sorry about the lack of updates. I've been doing more work than actual picture taking.

Got most of parts necessary to start mocking up the engine to make the mounts/brackets now.

There's only so much left of the car, sometimes I want to take everything off and go through a complete cleaning of all of the parts so they are like new again. However, the car is going to be a driver, so I am probably going to focus on the actual building of the car versus the cleaning of parts that you are never going to see anyways.

Direct link: http://instagram.com/p/Xa5PETBLnF/

Direct link: http://instagram.com/p/XagPynBLv9/

These are the old coilovers off of my car that I am going to be selling. They worked good, but I needed something different with everything else that I was doing to the car.

The suspension that will be replacing them. Moton Motorsports 2 way adjustables. I most likely will just have to add camber plates to for the front struts, and everything will be just dandy.

-Don

Attached Images     
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
Excited to see the progress - this should be a very fun car when done. Can't wait to see the next steps.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
+1 This is going to be a excellent thread, keep up the great work.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 AM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
You are going to have a fun conversion. Torque is king

Love the e36 widebody. My friend grafted e46 fender lips on his e36 and can fit 285's all around now. It also sports a 440ci stroker LS7. Looks near stock from the outside. Runs 10's and is a street/road race car with a/c.

BTW- My buddy is selling a G50-03 transaxle and I have a 438ci resleeved LS7 if you are looking for big power.... 550-600rwhp on 91 octane.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gnx7
You are going to have a fun conversion. Torque is king

Love the e36 widebody. My friend grafted e46 fender lips on his e36 and can fit 285's all around now. It also sports a 440ci stroker LS7. Looks near stock from the outside. Runs 10's and is a street/road race car with a/c.

BTW- My buddy is selling a G50-03 transaxle and I have a 438ci resleeved LS7 if you are looking for big power.... 550-600rwhp on 91 octane.
That's pretty awesome, but that transmission wouldn't work on my car, since mine is a C4, which uses a G64 transmission.

I also have another engine partially built already, but that LS7 would have been awesome as well.

-Don

Old 07-08-2013, 12:36 PM
boostfiend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
That's pretty awesome, but that transmission wouldn't work on my car, since mine is a C4, which uses a G64 transmission.

I also have another engine partially built already, but that LS7 would have been awesome as well.

-Don
What V8 have you decided to go with? Did you keep the one you tore down or you building something else. Curious to the motor choice...Must say that E36 is pure sex! Good luck with the porsche and rest of the project, sounds like we have very similar taste can't wait too see how the flares turn out!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:13 PM
KEYON will become famous soon enoughKEYON will become famous soon enough
This is exciting

Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Hows it been going so far Don Nguyen?

Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
amiricle is on a distinguished road
Those motons look beautiful! Great thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
GMS03 is on a distinguished road
It's a crasy cool conversion, but if you don't need the rear seats I really recomend to fit a half cage to give rigidity to the rear car because you are going to fit quite a lot more torque than stok to a quite old chasis. and for the door panels, why you don't fit a RS look panels? they are really cool.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod53...orsche-964-RS/

Old 03-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
I don't need the rear seats, but I like how a completed rear section looks, versus the RS style, which is just carpet. I have plans currently already to add a rear roll bar/cage section. I am actually not a fan of the RS style door panels.

I have specific tastes, in the sense that I like having a full interior and panels. Cuts out excess road noise and gives the car a complete look, which I enjoy having.

I was originally going to put 993 door panels in, but I decided to stick with the original 964 door panels as they have more character.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 AM
LuvPorsche will become famous soon enough
car is going to be fun, take pictures of peoples faces when they realize its a v8 in it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | My Porsche 911 V8 Build