Turbo S Build-What Do You Think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
FASTRNU will become famous soon enoughFASTRNU will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ACRman
On the middle east Spec cars the roof is standard
Makes sense with the heat over there. I wouldn't want one in Egypt either.

The seat ventilation you mentioned in an earlier post is really nice, if you have not experienced it. It really does cool you down. I would think it would be a popular option over there.

Last edited by FASTRNU; 09-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:40 PM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
i was going to add it but the dealer convinced me not to . I park in a covered area anyways !

Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
I would recommend to leave the fire extinguisher out. It's better to buy one aftermarket. The one you get from Porsche is a laugh and totally not woth the money IMO. Very small....
Everything else looks perfect, although I would consider basalt black indeed, since the plain black is a pain in the *** to clean. (Basalt a little less pain in the *** ) OTOH the plain black looks much darker and is real black, where the basalt is a little lighter.

Suzy991
I thought it might be cool just to have it in the car. I have never had a car catch fire, knock on wood, hehehe!

Thanks very much for all your help. That configurator was pretty intimidating at first glance.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FASTRNU
Why not the sunroof?...
I can't argue this logic...

Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I can't argue this logic...
Hehe...I thought your comment was maybe alluding to some problems with them. I doubt this car will ever see a track as long as I own it. I am basically a suburban type that likes to hit triple digits once in a while!

I saw the glass roof on a black C2S and it integrated nicely, I thought.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
Sunroof adds weight in all the wrong places, I'm over 6 feet tall with helmet it takes up valuable space, plus I never use it
Fire extinguisher-its just cool to have, who care if tis small are you really going to spend the time installing one when it can be done at the factory
Keyless entry-blecch, u lose the cool part of key on left w/porsche and lets say u leave key at home after starting car or your passenger has key in pocket and gets dropped off, car runs no key no way to lock u drive back home pissed

Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
Sunroof adds weight in all the wrong places, I'm over 6 feet tall with helmet it takes up valuable space, plus I never use it
Fire extinguisher-its just cool to have, who care if tis small are you really going to spend the time installing one when it can be done at the factory
Keyless entry-blecch, u lose the cool part of key on left w/porsche and lets say u leave key at home after starting car or your passenger has key in pocket and gets dropped off, car runs no key no way to lock u drive back home pissed
Sunroof - OP said he doesn't track it. So, yes, balance will be weird, but he'll never tell the the difference, unless he's pushing 1G lateral load while picking up 2 gallons of milk.
Fire entinguisher - Agreed - small, but install from factory is always cool.
Keyless entry - do you really need a reminder (physical key inserted)? Haven't we all done this with keyless starts? Yup. I've also tried to lock my key in the car. Fortunately, my car won't lock the doors from the outside if nobody is in seats, and the key is inside. Nor will it allow me to close the trunk while the keyfob is in the trunk. These are all standard features now with keyless start.

I have listed well over 20 pros as opposed to the the few cons regarding keyless entry. It comes down to behavior...

Ever go out for drinks and not want to hand someone else your keys? That car is getting home, and you in it - don't need to give your keys to anyone.
Can't lock them in your car.
Can still lock the car, while running or not, with you not in it.
You don't have to reach to pockets (coats, purses for some of you guys). I go entire days without reaching for my key - open doors, start car, open trunk, etc...

(I have many more)

It comes down to preference. But really. What car still uses keys? Do these cars have manual crank windows, too?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
tonydee is on a distinguished road
Damn that's sick

Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Paint the seat backs.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:28 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
+1 and keep the sunroof. I think resale would take a hit w/o sunroof.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
Paint the seat backs.
I like the seat backs black. To me, it helps break up the red somewhat.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
+1 and keep the sunroof. I think resale would take a hit w/o sunroof.
Ive never had a resale problem with my previous non-sunroof turbos, if you don't want the sunroof, dont buy it, its a 190k car, u can afford to have it the way you want, buy a car for yourself not the next owner, otherwise whats the point?

Last edited by Dark Knight; 09-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FASTRNU
I like the seat backs black. To me, it helps break up the red somewhat.
Yes, paint them body color - black. Otherwise they will be gray plastic I think.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by dark knight
... Buy a car for yourself not the next owner, otherwise whats the point?
Yes!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
Yes, paint them body color - black. Otherwise they will be gray plastic I think.
With the two-tone black-carrera red interior, the shells come covered in black leather. On all other interior colors, the shells are grey plastic. There is however no option to get them painted, there's only an option to get them covered in color matching leather. (Option XWL on the Turbo S, XWK for all other 991s)

Suzy991

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Build-What Do You Think?