GIAC software is now available for the 991 Turbo S!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
GIAC software is now available for the 991 Turbo S!

GIAC is proud to release GIAC engine software for 991 Turbo S applications. This OBDII port flashed software packs a punch with peak gains measured at 30 - 40 wheel horsepower and 30 -60 wheel torque. Drivability is designed to be as smooth as stock at idle and part load, but offer a big boost at full load. Software features include added boost, changes to fuel and timing, and higher torque limits. GIAC is the first tuner to offer 991 Turbo software as an OBDII port flash.

Software testing for this product was completed both locally and remotely using proprietary logging equipment engineered for comprehensive DME access and data acquisition. GIAC worked diligently with Champion Motorsport (CMS) to fine tune the software for their TTS. Product testing completed with the CMS dyno was the first and most extensive stage of testing using 93+ octane fuel. Further testing was completed with test vehicles from Tag Motorsports of San Diego and Vorsteiner of Orange County using 91 octane fuel.

Performance gains displayed in the dyno plot were achieved with the GIAC software upgrade only. Additional power increases may be observed with additional performance hardware and/or higher octane fuel.

Thank you, Champion Motorsport, for your support during product development and testing.

For questions or sales information, please contact sales@giacusa.com or find your nearest GIAC retail location at http://www.giacusa.com/sales/dealers.php

Old 05-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Always a pleasure working with you guys Andrew! The team at GIAC is on the leading edge, and we're happy to be a part of it.

I've personally been driving our Turbo S for the past 2 weeks with the software and I can't possibly say enough good things about how smoothly and powerfully this car drives!! It was WELL worth the extra bit of time we took to absolutely perfect the sofware.

Just a sidenote on the dyno chart above...I wanted to mention that those gains are on a completely stock car. No other modifications at all.

Oh and....P.S...we can do the flash right here in house at Champion...so feel free to call me for those appointments

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 05-09-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Always a pleasure working with you guys Andrew! The team at GIAC is on the leading edge, and we're happy to be a part of it.

I've personally been driving our Turbo S for the past 2 weeks with the software and I can't possibly say enough good things about how smoothly and powerfully this car drives!! It was WELL worth the extra bit of time we took to absolutely perfect the sofware.

Just a sidenote on the dyno chart above...I wanted to mention that those gains are on a completely stock car. No other modifications at all.

Oh and....P.S...we can do the flash right here in house at Champion...so feel free to call me for those appointments
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for hardware Tom! Great work Champion and GIAC!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Great, now what about us lowly base turbos?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJag
Great, now what about us lowly base turbos?
We do have the software for the base Turbos as well. I'll put up some dyno sheets of that on Monday.

We're currently testing that with the Tubi race exhaust.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
We do have the software for the base Turbos as well. I'll put up some dyno sheets of that on Monday.

We're currently testing that with the Tubi race exhaust.
Great, thanks. Does the base come up close to the S after the tune?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AJag
Great, thanks. Does the base come up close to the S after the tune?
Pretty darn close....

Old 05-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Woohooo, finally here!!!

Great news and good job to all that were involved in development.

I note from the article above that its the only OBDII port ecu flash, does that mean no need to ship over the ECU in order to load the tune?

Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
will this be something I can download and plug into my car?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
You'll likely have to send in your ECU and they will flash it and send it back.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
When will the race Tubi be able to be purchased with the GIAC software for the S..? also what will the final numbers with hp/tq with the race tubi and the giac software?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Snorman will become famous soon enoughSnorman will become famous soon enough
Pretty darn close....
To clarify, does it come close to the tuned S or the stock S?
S.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Snorman
To clarify, does it come close to the tuned S or the stock S? S.
I would assume tuned TTS. We'll see?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fixinbones
I would assume tuned TTS. We'll see?
I would actually assume the stock S. Why would the the base Turbo be tuned to the same rating as the Tuned Turbo S. Wouldn't make sense since there is a 40 HP difference in the stock Turbo versus the stock Turbo S.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Yeah I'm saying it's to the base turbo s. Atleast that's what I'm assuming. Would make no sense if it could be the tuned s. They would have to gain the additional hp/tq the turbo s has stock on one of the mods. At the same time, the same mod for the turbo s would have to yield barely any improvement. Doesn't add up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC software is now available for the 991 Turbo S!