Tuned my 991 TT-S with GIAC!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:31 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
So now Im about 200 miles into the tune and its everything as I said.. dare I say maybe a bit more? Maybe just the placebo effect but it feels like the adaptation has taken place and the car runs amazing.

What I am noticing and I didn't touch on it, is the exhaust seems to be a little louder. The burbles are prevalent and WOT scream is there. Its probably in my head (the sound increase) but I raced an AMG (C63 507) the other day on a nice closed road and the driver said, when he caught up to me, damn that thing sounds great!!!

Anyways, thanks again GIAC and SupremePower.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Nice Vic! I'll be finding out how good it is on Tue after I get flashed. So do you really drive around in sport+ nearly all the time? I'd probably kill myself if I did that.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:58 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJag
Nice Vic! I'll be finding out how good it is on Tue after I get flashed. So do you really drive around in sport+ nearly all the time? I'd probably kill myself if I did that.

LOL I really do all the time but I often use the up shift paddle

To me, Sport (non plus) felt faster pre tune because the car is always in the sweet spot tq range rpm wise while sport plus runs shift points well past 5k and the tq feel diminishes while the hp increases. But that's just feel and the true faster set up is sport plus and with the tune its more torque(y). So the tune eliminates that "deceptively" fast feel in sport plus.

I hope this made sense

Old 05-31-2014, 03:01 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55

To me, Sport (non plus) felt faster pre tune because the car is always in the sweet spot tq range rpm wise while sport plus runs shift points well past 5k and the tq feel diminishes while the hp increases. But that's just feel and the true faster set up is sport plus and with the tune its more torque(y). So the tune eliminates that "deceptively" fast feel in sport plus.

I hope this made sense
Gotcha. There is still an overboost in sport+ right, or is there max boost available all the time now? What does the boost gauge show PSI up to anyway?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:32 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Gotcha. There is still an overboost in sport+ right, or is there max boost available all the time now? What does the boost gauge show PSI up to anyway?
Great question! I've read about extra boost in some mode, but dealer said that's not the case. I'm not sure I understand the real difference between Sport and Sport Plus aside from the suspension. I'd appreciate clarification on both subjects for those that have had the car a while.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:57 AM

Im not sure if the tune makes it always available- probably a question GIAC can answer better. But in my runs on the car Ive never used the full allotted time that the overboost has (not enough road LOL). My guess is the tune overrides the overboost and makes it always there.

The boost gauge is maxed but per GIAC there is more boost that it reads because there is a ceiling on the gauge.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:41 PM
TFSweet will become famous soon enoughTFSweet will become famous soon enough
But in my runs on the car Ive never used the full allotted time that the overboost has (not enough road LOL).
Ahahahaah!!!

Old 06-01-2014, 04:22 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I must be a dummy for not thinking of that. I have tried sport+ several times, and those high RPMs at lower speeds sound so much like I am needlessly revving the car for attention that I turn it back to Sport mode.

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting this Tune done here in Atlanta.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Panguard is on a distinguished road
Finally, a review!

Sounds great.. I wonder how long the adaptation process is? I wouldn't be surprised if you'll just feel a little bit more power as the days go by.

I saw the dynoplots for this tune.. you should really try 100 octane and tell us how it is.. the power gains are insane compared to our 91 octane **** gas lol.

Congrats. I should swap to a 991 Turbo from my Panny!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Panguard
Finally, a review!

Sounds great.. I wonder how long the adaptation process is? I wouldn't be surprised if you'll just feel a little bit more power as the days go by.

I saw the dynoplots for this tune.. you should really try 100 octane and tell us how it is.. the power gains are insane compared to our 91 octane **** gas lol.

Congrats. I should swap to a 991 Turbo from my Panny!
100 octane is not readily available but yes indeed, turbos love higher octane. But for my usage Im ok with crappy 91

I think Ive had about 200 miles since the tune but wont drive the car again for a while as I want to drive my other rides; Im an equal opportunity driver . But Ill definitely report back with any further adaptations althought I think the gains are all there by now.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:36 PM
GWV8V is on a distinguished road
Has anyone done the GIAC tune + an AM exhaust yet? If so, first impressions? Apols if i missed any info in another post.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GWV8V
Has anyone done the GIAC tune + an AM exhaust yet? If so, first impressions? Apols if i missed any info in another post.
Hopefully Tom chimes in as well, but I believe that Champion is testing the tune + exhaust combination as we speak.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GWV8V
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Hopefully Tom chimes in as well, but I believe that Champion is testing the tune + exhaust combination as we speak.
Yes, we've done an exhaust on just about every car that's got the flash at this point. I think there may have only been one or two cars that stayed with the factory exhaust.

I have tested the Tubi Race with the software on our shop car, and it improved power by another 15hp and 20tq. I have not had a chance to dyno the Tubi Street exhaust yet, but plan to soon. A free-flowing exhaust is always going to add power on the Turbo cars....and the extra sound is always nice too.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:11 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
If that was your gtr in the profile pic, it was gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your 991 T!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
If that was your gtr in the profile pic, it was gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your 991 T!

Indeed it was- got in early 2009- and thanks:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuned my 991 TT-S with GIAC!!!