991 Turbo S... Negotiations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:17 AM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you 100%, if I'm buying new, I honestly don't care which dealer it comes with but I do care to save what I can. You have to do what you can to reduce that initial hit you take on new cars.....When I bought my 911S I went to 3 local dealers, I got all that dance about no discounts, one even said something I never forget "in this area people have hundreds to millions in their stock portfolio, we don't need to discount to sell"; that same dealer gave me 7% off on brand new build after I pushed it with the sales manager

I'm planning to purchase a Turbo S next year, but this time around I'm going to look for one with a few thousand miles on it. On the 911S there were very specific options I wanted and it was hard to find it in the used market, on the TTS it already comes with pretty much everything. The savings should be around $20 to $25K.....this is a good example of what will hit the markets:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...71012688&Log=0

Last edited by ///armin; 07-22-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:32 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by UTPorsche
To me? Absolutely. The cost of owning the car doesn't end when it's purchased. Guys like me add exhausts, upgrade plenums, lower cars, experiment with tunes. Even if I could only save a grand I'm that much more ahead.

In this case I'm saving close to 9K and I'm still getting everything just the way I want (they are ordering the car in for me exactly as I want it configured). There's no compromise here!

Cam
Will be curious to hear you're impressions compared to your 997. I have a 775 TPC 997 that I love. Post em when you have them pls.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///armin
I agree with you 100%, if I'm buying new, I honestly don't care which dealer it comes with but I do care to save what I can. You have to do what you can to reduce that initial hit you take on new cars.....When I bought my 911S I went to 3 local dealers, I got all that dance about no discounts, one even said something I never forget "in this area people have hundreds to millions in their stock portfolio, we don't need to discount to sell"; that same dealer gave me 7% off on brand new build after I pushed it with the sales manager

I'm planning to purchase a Turbo S next year, but this time around I'm going to look for one with a few thousand miles on it. On the 911S there were very specific options I wanted and it was hard to find it in the used market, on the TTS it already comes with pretty much everything. The savings should be around $20 to $25K.....this is a good example of what will hit the markets:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...71012688&Log=0
What is astounding is that this is a one year old car that retailed for 190 and is now 180! You could probably get a better discount off new! A one year old should be about 20% off new. Cars should be close to 150k, but if course they are nowhere near that. Used market must be very strong or people just aren't buying at those prices. Often dealers will love having a used car like that for test drives since new ones are not that available, hence artificially high used pricing.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 PM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///armin
one even said something I never forget "in this area people have hundreds to millions in their stock portfolio, we don't need to discount to sell"; that same dealer gave me 7% off on brand new build after I pushed it with the sales manager

My dealer told me that they "had earned the right so sell at retail." But like you say- when you push dealers will deal.

I shopped around for a used Turbo S, but - as Ryem3 points out - the prices for a used car are surprisingly high right now (I even ran across a dealer selling a used Turbo S for more than a new car). Waiting until next year isn't a bad idea. I'm not good at waiting.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 PM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xseal
Will be curious to hear you're impressions compared to your 997. I have a 775 TPC 997 that I love. Post em when you have them pls.
For sure. Although it won't be be apples to apples though (modded vs. stock). If your car is anything like mine was that's got to be a fantastic ride. I would have kept my 997 a long time if it hadn't given me so much trouble.

Last edited by UTPorsche; 07-23-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3

What is astounding is that this is a one year old car that retailed for 190 and is now 180! You could probably get a better discount off new! A one year old should be about 20% off new. Cars should be close to 150k, but if course they are nowhere near that. Used market must be very strong or people just aren't buying at those prices. Often dealers will love having a used car like that for test drives since new ones are not that available, hence artificially high used pricing.
Add another dynamic to my own message. At that inflated price of 180k for a 1 year old turbo, you could get a 2012 McClaren. Easily found with maybe 2000 miles. At least that car had an original price of $250k!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by UTPorsche
My dealer told me that they "had earned the right so sell at retail." But like you say- when you push dealers will deal.

I shopped around for a used Turbo S, but - as Ryem3 points out - the prices for a used car are surprisingly high right now (I even ran across a dealer selling a used Turbo S for more than a new car). Waiting until next year isn't a bad idea. I'm not good at waiting.
It's the first year it has come out, used prices are definitely going to be high...it was the same when the 991 first came out...used ones were close to what you could get new with a discount...there is high demand and low inventory, next year would be the best time to get a used one for around $150K to 160K...

Old 07-28-2014, 09:06 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I bought 2 turbo s coupes for family 9000 off one and 10000 off the other one silver and one white

Old 07-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3

Just found a perfect 2011 Mercedes SLS with 7k miles. $147k! Exotic bargain of the day!