GIAC 100 Octane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
GIAC 100 Octane

I've been running my car with the 100 octane program now for a month..roughly 700 miles and I'm probably teasing myself. Is this completely safe for the car and its longevity. I know it depends on the kinds of driving I'm doing but mile for mile driving it "normal" ...yesterday i put 111 octane in the car and it seems to drive a tad more spunkier..not sure if its in my head or not but the 100 program definitely spools faster and pulls harder.

when will champion/GIAC be coming out with the plenum and intercooler ecu upgrade that will make purchasing all 3 worthwhile?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
I've been running my car with the 100 octane program now for a month..roughly 700 miles and I'm probably teasing myself. Is this completely safe for the car and its longevity. I know it depends on the kinds of driving I'm doing but mile for mile driving it "normal" ...yesterday i put 111 octane in the car and it seems to drive a tad more spunkier..not sure if its in my head or not but the 100 program definitely spools faster and pulls harder.

when will champion/GIAC be coming out with the plenum and intercooler ecu upgrade that will make purchasing all 3 worthwhile?
The cylinder pressure on a stage 1, 100 octane file isn't going to be something that will cause the car to be unreliable.

We're in testing for higher stages with more hardware at this time.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:29 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Impressive Jeff, have you tracked it w/ the 100 octane yet?

Old 08-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
i have not...ran it few times around waterford hills but not at speed. More to come

Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Just filled up w/ 100 octane and have been running the race program since yesterday. All I can say is it's a night and day difference, about the same delta from stock tune to 93 octane as 93 to 100, IMHO. Lighting up all tires nearly at will now, lol.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
That sounds so tempting. We dont have 100 octane out of the pump here, but do have 98 octane, which I think is the US 93 equivalent but I could be wrong (maybe others here based in the UAE with technical experience can shed some light). Anyways, what do you think would be a good blend with VP MS109 that would get me up to US 100?

PS when is someone going to post some acceleration videos with the GIAC. Quit teasing us with words, we want videooooo!!!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 PM
kodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to behold
Pretty new here so forgive if this is uneducated question, but has anyone tried or entertained tuning these for e85? just came out of a gtr and e85 made that car run on a whole other level.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:36 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
No, here's the uneducated question. Whats e85?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Ethanol.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Has anyone published a trap speed or a 60-130 for GIAC's tune?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kodiakz
Pretty new here so forgive if this is uneducated question, but has anyone tried or entertained tuning these for e85? just came out of a gtr and e85 made that car run on a whole other level.
The issue you run into is that the factory fuel system is barely up to the task with full bolt on's and pump gas. Toss in the added fuel requirements of E85 and you just can't flow enough fuel. The GTR is a no-brainer for E85 since the port-injection fuel system can easily be upgraded, but so far nobody has developed a viable upgrade for the Porsche DFI fuel system.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:41 AM
wesbait is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
That sounds so tempting. We dont have 100 octane out of the pump here, but do have 98 octane, which I think is the US 93 equivalent but I could be wrong (maybe others here based in the UAE with technical experience can shed some light). Anyways, what do you think would be a good blend with VP MS109 that would get me up to US 100?

PS when is someone going to post some acceleration videos with the GIAC. Quit teasing us with words, we want videooooo!!!

you are correct, the 98 here is equivalent to 93 in the US

Old 08-24-2014, 09:10 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
has anyone published a trap speed or a 60-130 for giac's tune?
^^ +1

Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Has anyone published a trap speed or a 60-130 for GIAC's tune?
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
^^ +1
Here you go. This is from back in June when we first released the software. This is a 991 Turbo (NOT Turbo S) with the GIAC software, BMC filters, and Tubi Race exhaust system. Dragtimes was there and took some video but for some reason they haven't posted it on their site. Also, 60-130 during this run was 7.3 seconds.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991TT-ET.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	399936  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Here you go. This is from back in June when we first released the software. This is a 991 Turbo (NOT Turbo S) with the GIAC software, BMC filters, and Tubi Race exhaust system. Dragtimes was there and took some video but for some reason they haven't posted it on their site. Also, 60-130 during this run was 7.3 seconds.
Tom was this on 93 oct or 100 oct program?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC 100 Octane