Maximum G-Force

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Maximum G-Force

Simple thread. Let's see who has generated the maximum g-Force on launch. Please post the best you've ever gotten. Include a picture if you've got one.

I've only used launch control once and I pulled a 1.27 g's

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	G-Force.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	402631  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:08 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
1.30 g's

Old 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by enzom
1.30 g's
Are you stock? It would be cool to add what mods if any to the responses.

I'm running the GIAC Tune and GMG exhaust.

Nice number for a stock non S

Old 09-24-2014, 09:45 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Are you stock? It would be cool to add what mods if any to the responses.

I'm running the GIAC Tune and GMG exhaust.

Nice number for a stock non S
Thanks - just a Europipe exhaust. But I don't know for certain if that was before or after the exhaust swap. I will get to Englishtown soon and see what she pulls on a prep'd track.

Name:	IMG_1868.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	402965  

Last edited by enzom; 09-27-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:20 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
My 997.1TT MT does 1.16G when rolling start in 2nd gear
(V-box result)

Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Pulled a 1.28 yesterday.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Nice results! Interested in those results from the track as well.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 09-26-2014, 01:13 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
1.34 for me

Old 09-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by BigRich
1.34 for me
Wow!!! I wonder why'd there be such a huge difference. I've tried 5 times now on different surfaces and 1.28 is the best I've seen. That's tuned with exhaust.

Do you have something special going on. Did you use the porsche G meter or something after market.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:30 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
I've only launched it 3 times and mine was a brand new launch car. Car's a turbo S with just a Tubi street exhaust right now. Waiting to do the GIAC flash. I don't remember what I was pulling before the Tubi but I do know it made a difference! Interested to see what it pulls on a launch after the GIAC tune. BTW only used the Porsche G force "meter" nothing else, and on a typical normal street.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by BigRich
I've only launched it 3 times and mine was a brand new launch car. Car's a turbo S with just a Tubi street exhaust right now. Waiting to do the GIAC flash. I don't remember what I was pulling before the Tubi but I do know it made a difference! Interested to see what it pulls on a launch after the GIAC tune. BTW only used the Porsche G force "meter" nothing else, and on a typical normal street.
Maybe the GIAC Tune hurts the launch. Or may you have a special car. I'd love to race a stock 991 TTS at the upcoming airfield races to see what the difference in real acceleration is. I thought I noticed a great power increase after the tune and exhaust, but maybe I'm dreaming and the sound from the new GMG exhaust is fooling me.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Funny you asked

Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Pulled a 1.28 yesterday.
Serious G force on launch!

Bone stock here. Funny, but I had not checked max G's before I saw your post tonight and was going to post the same question, but for lateral as well as linear G's. I've only done a couple of launch control starts since I got my '15 a year ago and only clocked 1.14, which felt brutal to me. I was more interested in lateral G's, as I do not do timed drag strip runs, but do HPDE's. Running stock P Zero's.

Name:	IMG_3983.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	427475  

Last edited by AndrewP; 09-03-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
here is min number

Name:	114.JPG
Views:	890
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	427521  
Old 09-04-2015, 10:47 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Maximum G-Force

Originally Posted by Karl911
here is min number
1.38. Wow

Old 09-04-2015, 11:35 AM
For ****s and giggles I went out and did 5 launches on different surfaces yesterday. I'm now running Cup 2 tires with GIAC Stage 2. The best launch G's I got was 1.25. The best I've ever seen in perfect conditions was 1.29.

I've come to the conclusion that there's an issue with the accuracy of the gauges.

Here's a race against a 600whp 991-2 TTS. Does it look like my car has a launch issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.