Order Placed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 12:50 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Order Placed!!

I was able to secure a deal on a December build allocation with late Jan delivery. A little bit of jostling with the dealer and some fettling with the configuration got the price down where I needed it. I'm not rich like you guys... I currently own this 981 Boxster S that is for sale in the classifieds. The Boxster gave me a good taste of Porsche and made me want more! I was originally going to do the BGB Racing 3.8L X-51 swap into the 981 and then decided that owning a Boxster with 125k invested in it wasn't a great idea for both resale or insurance reasons. The next logical step was to put that money down on a 991 Turbo and have a car that is actually worth what I spent on it.

Configuration on the new car is as follows:

991 Turbo Coupe
Solid black
Bi xenon headlights in black
Headlight cleaning covers in black
Sport design mirrors
Leather interior in Black/Garnet
Center console trim in leather
Gauges in white
BURMESTER!!! (splurge)
Premium plus package
Sports seats plus with 18 way adjustment
Sport Chrono
Smoking package
Power sliding sunroof in glass
Carbon fiber interior package
Turbo S centerlock wheels
Light design package

I really agonized over the choice between Carmine Red PTS and going all black. I decided to save the bucks and black it out. I am a professional-level, hobbyist detailer and I love caring for black cars. When you have the knowledge and equipment to do it right, black is just the best color to showcase your talent. There's an expression among us fanatics that "black is a detailer's final exam." I think once I get the wheels, windows and tail lights blacked out I will really enjoy the monochromatic look.

I'm very excited to be joining the big leagues. Now to get that Boxster sold...

Cheers,
- Patrick

Old 10-19-2014, 05:17 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Looks like a great build! Congrats on your order. Be sure you have looked at white gauges in dark lighting, I much prefer black after having had both. I just passed my breakin and nearly sh#%t my pants flooring my beast. You will be so impressed!!!!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:43 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Thanks Doc. Can you help me quantify the difference between the two in dim lighting?

- Patrick

Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Sure, I noticed that at dawn and dusk with low lighting the gauges looked washed out and night driving with the lights on, the gauges take on a grayish look with not much contrast. I liked them in full daylight. Now that I have black I realize just how well the black is optimized for good visualization. Easier on my over 40 eyes!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Vetsky is on a distinguished road
Congrats. It will be an amazing ride.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:33 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
If your order is already locked, don’t start second guessing yourself on the options…you’ll go crazy.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
Great build. I agree with Doc on the white gauges. They look great in the car but at night or early in the morning, they are not as clear as the black ones. On the other hand, they are unique and do make the interior look great at other times.

The other thing to keep in mind is that all of the warning symbols are visible in white gauges - they are not lit but you can see the outlines.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Great build. Your car will be gorgeous, and can't wait to see pics!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations! Great looking spec. Good luck selling the Boxster

Old 10-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm going to stick with the white gauges and if I can't stand them I'll get a set of black ones from Suncoast later on down the road. I'm already planning the following mods in the following order:

Bulk film XPEL install
Tinted windows and tail lights
GIAC
Fabspeed catted turbo-back with quad tips
Factory centerlocks refinished in gloss black
GMG equal length headers
DB carbon CF seatbacks for the sport seats
Way down the road maybe a set of 21 inch HREs

- Patrick

Old 10-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on a great build! You will love the 991 Turbo. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask

We'll be waiting for pictures!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Excellent build, m'friend. Black when taken care of (as you can !!) is the most terrific looking of all the P-car colors IMO.

I have one coming in January, too .... but, in CWM. But, I love BLACK!

I'm sure you are stoked !

Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Very nice build. I always enjoy seeing what options people go with. Do post pics when it arrives!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 PM
I can't wait! I'm a bit unsettled with the lack of activity on my Boxster S though. Not even a nibble yet. I don't get it... Good thing I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:58 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PMNewton
I can't wait! I'm a bit unsettled with the lack of activity on my Boxster S though. Not even a nibble yet. I don't get it... Good thing I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it.
With the colder months coming convertibles can be a bit harder to sell. It took me 3 weeks to sell mine (back in April) but I took a hit on it which I was not happy with (live and learn right?). Autotrader and cars.com are great. Some dealerships give great trade-in prices others will straight rob you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Order Placed!!