Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:07 AM
plastikosmd is on a distinguished road
new member, car on order

White TTS, 2015 (and macan S 2015)

His and hers

It was time to turn the the lease on the 2012 GTR, and lexus rx 350
We ordered a GTR Nismo, but dealer wanted 30k over msrp on a lease. (pushing 180k)

We had never considered a porsche but that got us thinking about the price, lease etc. We wanted a summer daily driver, fun car and have no kids but need room for 2 cat carriers.

Took a trip to porsche, wife saw the macan and fell in love and I started reading about the TTS. I drove a carrera with pdk,( not sure of the model) to see what an engine in the wrong spot was like and get an idea about look and feel. (This was was not a 4s but in sport mode, I had a blast. )

So March of 2015 cant come soon enough now!

Total damage, was a bit over 3800$ per month for both cars with all tax fees, etc.
(65k macan, 190k TTS) 36mon on macan, 41 on TTS( so I can turn it back in just before winter of lease being due.)

Will post pics when i get it. My only planned aftermarket item is new wheels, plan to go black

Last edited by plastikosmd; 10-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 AM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Nice story; welcome to the Porsche family. You will both love your choices.
I still can't believe how much happiness I derive from this car. Hopefully, you too will be grinning like a fool all day with your white beauty.

And I am interested to see your car after the black wheels. The Turbos look so good with the black accents that I think black wheels will really add to it. I will be getting my windows tinted to darkest legal for this reason (but I do not want to leave it anywhere to get the tint, that is how silly I am over this car.....)

Last edited by DocMalone; 10-24-2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations on your decisions. The TTS is in another dimension. Great for touring and for the track. It does everything extremely well and is unlike any other car in its performance range. Love the Macan.

I had no idea that the GTR Nismo was in such demand. Nice car, but a $30k premium for a lease? Obviously, that dealer is out of touch with the competition.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:22 PM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Awesome! I am a current 981 Boxster owner and 991TT "waiter" as well. My car gets built in December with late Jan delivery. I actually started looking at the Macan, then the Cayenne, then a Land Rover Sport, and then the new BMW X5 before I realized that what I really wanted was a little more cabin space and a lot more torque. It was a bit of a budget stretch to step up to the 991TT but it's always cheaper to get it right the first time!

Congrats on the fiscal binge. Be sure to post pics.

- Patrick

Old 10-24-2014, 12:26 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on your orders! can't wait to see pics . . .

Old 10-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Very nice man, congrats!!

Old 10-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Hate to have to look ahead to 5 months from now, would prefer to enjoy each day as it comes but I am pretty excited.

The feel of the car was much different than the gtr. While my gtr was a great car, that pop and bubble of the exhaust on downshift etc added to the experience. It was just a standard Carrerra, I imagine the tts is a whole lot more "fun"

The macan was a great ride in its own right. Way quicker than the Lexus and equally as good/quiet ride and corners quite well.

Not sure on overprice on nismo. When I called to cancel he said he was really only gonna mark it up 10k over msrp. A dime over msrp is a waste in a lease IMHO

Old 10-24-2014, 06:14 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
I like your style! Way to go!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
Excellent choices. You won't miss a Nismo, and the Macan will be wonderful.

TTS will keep you warm and smiling, m'friend.

Why such a longish wait to get the cars?

Old 10-24-2014, 09:47 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations! We did a similar thing spread out over a few months. First got a Cayenne GTS (Macan wasn't out yet and needed a little more space) and now have a TT on order.

March is a bit of a wait but since you are in NE, probably better for your TTS anyways.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:04 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Wow that's like the dream lol. Awesome! Be sure to post pics when you get them.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:27 PM
reddevils is just really nicereddevils is just really nicereddevils is just really nicereddevils is just really nice
Congratulations. Nice choices. Hope the dealer looked after you

Old 10-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Vetsky is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

Old 10-26-2014, 05:00 PM
I think as much as any dealer could. I'm sure they are making enough. Wife's goal was under 1 k for macan and under 3k tts with taxes or she wouldn't have been happy. She is happy and I have a tts. What is better?

Old 10-27-2014, 04:53 AM
disden will become famous soon enough
How much was the Macan lease btw? My TT arrives shortly, was toying with the idea of trading in my wife's Cayenne and getting her a Macan lease.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new member, car on order