18-way adaptive sport seat and ventilated seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:24 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
18-way adaptive sport seat and ventilated seats

If you want 18-way adaptive sport seats, is it possible to have ventilated seats or is it like in the Panamera that you only get it with 14-way seats. How do people like the 14-way seats? What are the 4 ways in which it is different and do people like the 14-way seats?

Thanks for input in advance, I have 18-way adaptive sport seats in my Panny, but many cars seem to have the 14-way seats and seat ventilation.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:08 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
I have had the ventilated 14 way seats in my 2013 991 and they were great. I had done a few DE's and they provided great support on the track and also on the street as a DD. I now have the 18 way ventilated seats. They provide more support and are a little more snug but over all I like them better. Both cars were off the lot and built so had this Turbo only had the 14 way life would be fine.

You can buy the ventilated seats as a al la carte option or as part of the premium plus package I believe.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I have 18 way and vent. I think they provide more adjustment on the side bolsters for top and bottom.

PS - pretty sure you can get 18 way and vent on the panny as well.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:40 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael_s
I have 18 way and vent. I think they provide more adjustment on the side bolsters for top and bottom.

PS - pretty sure you can get 18 way and vent on the panny as well.
Thanks for the replies. The turbo s has any seat as no cost option, so I dont understand why many second hand cars around the world have 14-way seats option ticked, it makes no sence. And they always have ventilated seats. I suspect dealers thought it would be liked it was in the beginning that they chose 14-way if they wanted ventilation.

I checked the buttons today and it seems that its just the side adjustment, otherwie they seem the same.

Now that I come to think of it, they might have updated that in the 970.2 Panamera version, I have the 970.1 PTT and that was only available with one or the other, 18-way you had to sacrifice ventilation.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:12 AM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
Every region or country has different specs & options. In my country 18 ways seats is standard & you can opt for the 4 way or 14 way seats at no extra cost. Sport bucket seats is an option & so is the ventilated seats.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:30 AM
kip
Originally Posted by Dlff
Every region or country has different specs & options. In my country 18 ways seats is standard & you can opt for the 4 way or 14 way seats at no extra cost. Sport bucket seats is an option & so is the ventilated seats.
Thanks, but why would anyone opt for the 14-way seats?

Old 11-23-2014, 03:43 AM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
True & you don't get a rebate if you opt for the cheaper seat. IMHO I don't care much about the 18 ways seats as I don't adjust my seating everyday & I'm the sole driver. Also this memory thingy is superfluous unless there are more than 1 driver

Old 11-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Also the lumbar support I don't find it anymore comfortable than the 4 way seats without lumbar support. In fact less as I have Scoliosis & I find that the lumbar support gives me more pain than not.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:14 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kip
Thanks, but why would anyone opt for the 14-way seats?
Some say it's a little more comfy for people who are a little bigger. They say 18 way is a little tight for broader peeps. I'm 6'2" 215-220 lbs and find the 18 ways comfortable. I'm pretty wide in my back shoulders and no prob.

Coversely I find the 14 way in my wife's panny to be hard as bricks and quite uncomfortable. They are vented as well.

Last edited by Michael_s; 11-23-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-23-2014, 05:33 AM
kip
Thanks, but if I understood the German brochure, the lumbar support and memory options are identical in the 991 turbo and turbo s, just the sides are different. In the Panamera they looked totally different, and I wanted 18-way also because they look nicer, in the 991 they also look very similar. It seems the seats are not a walk a way issue.