Reasonable offer used 2014 991 TTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:12 AM
jlee504 is on a distinguished road
Tommyboy, anyway you can pull 2014 TTS cabs? I may be selling mine soon.

I was warned that turbos take a huge hit (because of their huge price) but it is what it is...

Jeff

Old 12-21-2014, 08:07 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
I would say you need to offer $150k and see what happens...probably will have to go up a bit from there, if the car is mint. gl.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:27 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Southwest even with the fender and bumper accident I would want 83-85k and would probably private party the car. This assumes the car is a PDK and the repair was done well at a Porsche certified shop, As someone else stated the 7 speeds are not doing all that great for resale. There are are other options that are variables as well of course. Check out the attached Manheim run.

Jlee I just checked again and have not seen any TT Cabs run through. There are also none listed. I hope you private party and get top dollar. If you are looking to sell i would do sooner than later and strike while the iron is hot. I am sure you will make out just fine. I will check again in a week or two and PM you.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Manheim 13 C4S.pdf (58.9 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by tommyboy214; 12-21-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:03 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
It's out of warranty!

If it was a CPO, I'd say he'd get it 15% less than it's original price. But out of warranty, I'd say 30% less of the original price is very reasonable... that's the way it's here anyway.
I got mine for $157k non CPO, the offered to CPO for $4k, it's not worth it IMO, I passed. I have a 50k 4yr warranty which will be fine for me.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:11 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
WRS you got a great deal on a good car especially with the Radar and Exhaust at 3xxx miles. I actually almost swapped my factory exhaust and 2500 bucks for that FVD as the car had been there a couple months and the dropped from the low 170's. At 157 was a great deal on a TTS. It is not really a fair comparison though due to the bumpers and fender repaint(meter the car), they put the FVD on as well due to the factory exhaust being scraped. I am over at park place twice a week and remember when the damage happened. I am not trying to **** on anyones parade It was repaired well but still repaired.

I agree on the CPO. As the car gets closer to the end of the warranty if i still have the car I will address the extended warranty situation.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 12-21-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
WRS you got a great deal on a good car especially with the Radar and Exhaust at 3xxx miles. I actually almost swapped my factory exhaust and 2500 bucks for that FVD as the car had been there a couple months and the dropped from the low 170's. At 157 was a great deal on a TTS. It is not really a fair comparison though due to the bumpers and fender repaint(meter the car), they put the FVD on as well due to the factory exhaust being scraped. I am over at park place twice a week and remember when the damage happened. I am not trying to **** on anyones parade It was repaired well but still repaired.

I agree on the CPO. As the car gets closer to the end of the warranty if i still have the car I will address the extended warranty situation.
I still don't understand all that stuff with the repair, all that notwithstanding, they still were willing to CPO the car. They told me the bumpers were replaced and even on Carfax it only listed the issue as being worth $945 off? I just don't see how it could have affected the price that much. I agree that my car was an outlier and probably I was just lucky enough to stumble on it. If you hadn't told me about the FVD exhaust I might not have jumped as quickly as I did. I think maybe one thing that kept prospective buyers away was the sound of the exhaust, it's definitely loud but that is what I wanted so I was pleased when I started it up the first time.

What is interesting is that the guy at ATX Autosport noticed something not exactly perfect about the front bumper and the rest of the car when I was doing my mods. I guess even if you get a replacement bumper, the paint may not be a perfect match because it wasn't done at the same time as the car. Do you know exactly what happened to the car? I never got more than the porter managed to inflict damage on both bumpers and apparently the exhaust.

Last edited by wrs; 12-21-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:33 AM
WRS you got like 15-16k off there asking price which was a screaming deal. If you are keeping the car for a while who cares that the bumpers were replaced. The FVD exhaust is loud indeed but any of the exhausts out there are a personal preference. As for the paint it is difficult to get perfect on the metallics but more so on the bumpers plastics but they did a nice job on your car. Take a look at Audi's from the factory in particular they never match perfectly.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 AM
wrs
WRS you got like 15-16k off there asking price which was a screaming deal. If you are keeping the car for a while who cares that the bumpers were replaced. The FVD exhaust is loud indeed but any of the exhausts out there are a personal preference. As for the paint it is difficult to get perfect on the metallics but more so on the bumpers plastics but they did a nice job on your car. Take a look at Audi's from the factory in particular they never match perfectly.
Yeah, it's all good to me, I love the car and am not planning to get rid of it. I just swapped out the m5 for a 2012 RR Sport SC and $12k cash to me. I will be using the RR to run around the oilfields out in West Texas. The 991tts is a keeper, I bought my plate for 5 years.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:07 PM
jlee504 is on a distinguished road

Jlee I just checked again and have not seen any TT Cabs run through. There are also none listed. I hope you private party and get top dollar. If you are looking to sell i would do sooner than later and strike while the iron is hot. I am sure you will make out just fine. I will check again in a week or two and PM you.
thanks! I haven't decided to sell but may in February. December january is probably the worst time to unload a cab here in the dc area.

Jeff

Old 12-23-2014, 11:17 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
First question, is why is it not CPO? Was it modified? Do you have the car's history?
Second question, if it was modified, what are the mods? What's the value of the mods? Does it have any negative impact on the car?

After finding answers for the above, you can estimate better the value of the car.

I find $169k is pretty high for a non-CPO turbo S. If the car's history is clean and the mods were done by a reputed company with no hard done to the car, I'd say down to $127k would be very reasonable which is equivalent to 1/3 loss of its original value. This is applicable here in my region, it could differ in the USA however.

It's out of warranty!

If it was a CPO, I'd say he'd get it 15% less than it's original price. But out of warranty, I'd say 30% less of the original price is very reasonable... that's the way it's here anyway.

Not to be rude, but you would be well-served to quietly and quickly back out of this thread. You do not have even a fundamental understanding of the market, Porsche warranties, and other issues that are material to the OP's query.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:45 AM
HassaanAbdeen will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wrs
Wow, you guys mark everything down now that you are giving oil away?
First, I'm an expat in Saudi Arabia. I come from a country that has no oil to sell. Second of all, the price of any new car once gets registered drops 1/3 of its price as per the local market here. I misunderstood the OP post thinking the car was out of warranty, which was stated very clearly in my post.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Not to be rude, but you would be well-served to quietly and quickly back out of this thread. You do not have even a fundamental understanding of the market, Porsche warranties, and other issues that are material to the OP's query.
Actually, your post is rude. Thank you for realizing that in advance.

I attempted to help a fellow member out of good will. If I misunderstood his post or was wrong in my suggestion, I stand corrected. And I'd have appreciated being politely corrected instead of attacked.

I already have ordered a 991 turbo with expected delivery on April 2015. And it's my second Porsche. So neither I had the intention to degrade the value of the car or brand, nor have the interest to do so.

Nevertheless, I apologize to the OP if my input was wrong.

Last edited by HassaanAbdeen; 12-24-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:36 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jlee504
thanks! I haven't decided to sell but may in February. December january is probably the worst time to unload a cab here in the dc area.

Jeff
If you are looking to unload a cab in a city like DC with a real winter, you may do better when the weather starts to warm and people starting thinking about the joys of top down motoring the in spring. I would think April/May would be a better market for cabs than bitter cold February.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:10 AM
wrs
First, I'm an expat in Saudi Arabia. I come from a country that has no oil to sell. Second of all, the price of any new car once gets registered drops 1/3 of its price as per the local market here. I misunderstood the OP post thinking the car was out of warranty, which was stated very clearly in my post.
Yeah, I noticed you are Jordanian but you live there it would appear and I have a big bone to pick with them about shale oil since I am a part owner of many millions of barrels of it. Our wells happen to be very good wells, not the stuff of old here in Texas and they are what enabled me to buy such a fine car in the first place. We will be drilling more next year just in case people over there want to know what is going to happen. Tell them to look at the production data in Texas from the RRC. The production doubled last in 1935-1946, it took eleven years. Production has nearly tripled in the last five years and it's not going back down.

Anyway, that being said, CPO really isn't worth much and it's not the manufacturer's warranty, it's more of a gimmick insurance policy you pay for in the price of a used car. The dealer here offered me CPO for an additional $4k on my car which I declined. I am also surprised that anyone would buy a car that will drop 33% the day it's titled. That makes used cars the better deal and those who pay to import them, the ones suffering a huge loss. Why ever import a car if that's the case? Unless of course it's some sort of trickle down economic strategy.

Last edited by wrs; 12-24-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Southwest4S is on a distinguished road
Thanks to everyone who has posted, I really appreciate the input. The original car I posted about is not at a porsche dealer (It is at a Bentley dealer) and I am guessing that is part of reason no CPO. No mods etc. Still avail.
FWIW, two cars I have been following online have sold (or at least disappeared from cars.com and dealer website) since I posted this. One was 2014 red TTS approx 6-7K miles I think list was 154K(MSRP low 190s?), I believe about 6-8K miles. The other was GT silver out of Utah, I think 2-3K miles, list was around 168K. Both cars with similar equipment etc. (most TTS end up around 193K MSRP with options I want). So, things move faster than I expected. And as far as equipment goes, items I placed as must have are: Burmester, keyless entry, some sort of sunroof (glass or steel). Colors are more flexible. On the TTS it is so well equipped that everything else I would want is standard. I may have to go the non-S route to bring price down a bit and if I do I will be looking for sport chrono and may have to compromise back to Bose as not as many seem to have Burmester. Carbon ceramics are a toss up -again not a lot of non-s models out there now with them.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
One is never WAY OFF on any offer. I always set a price point of how much I'll spend on anything. I have found deals, and been turned down. My point is, it's how much you want to pay regardless of the asking price, with in reason. 130k is a hard offer, 80k would be a little, a lot off... there's always someone with too much money, wants a new toy, getting divorced, name it, to find a great deal!! I got my 04 tt in 06 for a great price; my mods cost 3/4's of the price i paid. Stay thirsty my friend.

Last edited by mod mike; 12-24-2014 at 11:09 AM.