New car and driver comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM
plastikosmd is on a distinguished road
New car and driver comparison

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

Vette vs gtr nismo vs tts

Come on tho, 20 pts randomly assigned to price? That wasn't even proportional. Discount that bull! It looks like car and driver wanted vette to win but otherwise porsche won that comparison

Porsche killed it, 0-60 2.5sec. 10.6 quarter mile

Picked up my tts 2015 yesterday, great timing

Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 PM
dshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nice
Yes, I noticed that too when I read it. Who determined that it was worth more points than almost anything else? When you realize that something so subjective overturned the victor/loser, it seems a bit silly. While I realize that for many people price is the determining factor when deciding...if that isn't the determining factor, the clear winner was the TTS. Is the vette fast, you betcha....but is it a Porsche? Not even close.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:49 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
There is a thread on this right now with all the comments. Congrats on the purchase!

Old 03-28-2015, 04:56 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
There is no better car "for the money" than the Corvette. That said, my 2015 Turbo S Cab will be here in May.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Just found old thead, sorry for repost

Anyway, visited family, had to make a store run. Yes u can get 15 ninja turtle balloons in the car, Thk god for proximity sensors, couldn't see a blessed thing

Old 03-29-2015, 12:25 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by plastikosmd
Just found old thead, sorry for repost Anyway, visited family, had to make a store run. Yes u can get 15 ninja turtle balloons in the car, Thk god for proximity sensors, couldn't see a blessed thing
Lol !

Old 03-29-2015, 07:59 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Discussion on this article previously, as it was in the C&D online edition a few weeks ago, but yes it is arbitrary and entirely unsurprising. Wonder which company advertises more in C&D? You think it might be GM? The Z06 is a remarkably good car and all the car mags highlight it. One has a cover story comparo with a 650 McLaren. Give me a break. When you fold in Ferrari's and McLaren's, the TTS looks like a bargain that it is and nobody has to make excuses for slower lap times. I seriously considered the Z06 for a track vehicle, but have gotten a few comments that it has had mechanical problems, which is perhaps not surprising for a new model, but I will wait until they sort them out before contemplating the idea further. About the same money for the GT4, which will be a rare model, but probably very track friendly for an amateur. So why don's the mags do the GT4 or 991 TTS comparo with the Z06? Whatever the case, aside from track prowess, the 991 TTS is the drag race winner hands down and the Z06 boys know it so the mags don't want to embarrass their patrons.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:10 AM
yea, similar to the motortrend review in the past, Camaro vs tts vs gtr, and once again a Camaro takes 1st in the ratings? Even the excuses are lame, it was too much car, they only wanted a GT but couldn't get one for testing, etc. yea, whatever....

Old 03-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
I have very close ties to these cars. several of my friends have GTR's and I have owned vettes my whole life. Now moved to 991tt

GTR. Great Tuner car.. Great if you want to drop 30k+ into mods it and will basically be unbeatable. Looks are dated. Car is dated. Not much wow factor unless you are a car enthusiast. Many ppl still say in 2015 "what is that" (GTR usually has an exhaust the sounds like a low flying plane to get initial attention). Also a bargain if you get the regular model and mod it up(performance wise).

Z06. Best value period! Very fast and feels faster than the TT and GTR (very oddly) even tho we know the TT will crush the Z06 in stock form. Big plus Predictable oversteer (which I love and adds a lot of fun).

I love Vettes especially gen 1 and gen 6 & 7. When moving quickly the car tends to bounce around poorly paved roads, but does so in a predictable manner. Regardless you Need ballz to keep on the gas here, but any good vette driver can do it. Great handling at limits, but very hard to be consistent on the edge.

991 tt/tts. Defies physics! Needed to relearn how to take corners and balance gas pedal all over again! Sounds funny, but this car is mind bending stock. Car has so much torque it's easy for a Porsche beginner to over throttle on a turn in. Luckily unlike any car I have ever driven the turbo will react anyway you tell it to!!! I took a nasty turn and could have literally put a nickel on the apex. I know I could have hit that nickel with both tires at over 1g all day. To do that in the vette would take multiple trys and my estimate of hitting that nickel is 1 time out of 5 if I am lucky.
Launch control frightens passengers! This car is the most CONSISTENT car I've ever owned.
Only down side which I'm already over is not having rwd with a limited slip diff for turn in. Small sacrifice without having to buy a GT2.

My 2 cents

Sent from my iPad

Last edited by Nfall; 03-30-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Never tried a vette. My last car was a gtr, had a nismo on order but cancelled it once it came in. Could not justify the price bump over my regular gtr, esp as dealer wanted to tack on another 20k due to rarity, forget that

Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Maybe this is the car that should be compared with the 991 TTS

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...rst-sports-car

Old 03-31-2015, 08:39 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
yes it should

Originally Posted by Kamran
Maybe this is the car that should be compared with the 991 TTS

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...rst-sports-car
At 2700 lbs with 510 hp it will be a very attractive alternative to the TTS. Good scoop for Bloomberg. I also saw reference recently to a Porsche announcement for the NY auto show and would not be totally surprised if Porsche introduces a 913 mid-engine model above the Turbo, but not even close to the $180,000 price of the new McLaren.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:01 PM
McLaren 570S specs

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/mclar...cs-and-photos/

Quite different power and weight from what Bloomberg reported earlier today. At 2,895 lbs with 562 hp and 442 lb ft of torque it should be potent on the track. At $180,000, if that is the MSRP, it will be serious competition for the TTS. It will be interesting to see Porsche's answer beyond a power bump in the TTS as well as the actual transaction prices of the 570S.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Not to forget: this is a full carbon fiber chassis, exotic doors, all digital dash (like Huracan). Exquisite interior

Old 03-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Yes, very impressive...

Originally Posted by Kamran
Not to forget: this is a full carbon fiber chassis, exotic doors, all digital dash (like Huracan). Exquisite interior
Seems to me a perfect entry point for the company. The CF chasis is especially impressive if the price is $180,000. Does anyone know what McClaren may be planning for production?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New car and driver comparison