World motorsport porsche 991 turbo s r&d

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold

At World Motorsports we are looking to provide our 991 clients with the best products available for their cars. In order for us to do that we have our own 991 Turbo S that we are using to do development work on and we also use it to test other companies products.

We installed a 4 wheel drive dyno that we also have available for customers to use. If you are interested in doing before and after testing on any of the parts that you install on your car we are more than happy to provide you with the dyno service as well as the installation if you need it.

2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S shop vehicle
Name:  PorscheSide.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  156.3 KB

FIRST TEST-
IPD PLENUM
There are a lot of questions about whether the IPD plenum makes a difference or not on the car. What we are looking for is power under the ramp with the IPD plenum. We are not expecting a big jump in peak horsepower but what we are hoping for is an increase in horsepower throughout the entire power band. If we see this than we will consider the IPD plenum to offer good value to our customers and it will become a recommended part at World Motorsports. If it passes the tests we will stock these plenums and have them available for sale and installation.

SECOND TEST
COBB ACCESSPORT
It's nice to finally have this unit available and I know that many people are going to be interested in getting one. We will have results very quickly and I am sure that we will be selling quite a few of these units. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have about these units.

THIRD TEST
EXHAUST-
We are going to start with the extreme exhaust test to see how the 991 Turbo reacts to different combinations.

1st Exhaust Test-
At first we will do a test with a straight pipe that goes directly from the turbo to the tip. We will test this on a stock tune and with the newly available tune from Cobb. We will test on 91 Octane and 100 Octane.

2nd Exhaust Test-
Then we will test the stock muffler with a cat delete pipe.

3rd Exhaust Test-
We will also test the car with the stock cats and the muffler deleted.

FOURTH TEST
LARGER INTERCOOLER
We have made several intercooler kits for the car that use different style cores, end tanks, hose kits, etc. We are waiting to find out which one works best and then we will continue development on that one. Our goals with the intercooler are for it to fit using all of the factory components and be efficient enough to work with a fairly stock car but stout enough to be able to handle bigger turbos and higher boost down the road.

TESTING TIMETABLE

IPD PLENUM-
FRIDAY, AUGUST 7th

COBB ACCESSPORT-
TUESDAY, AUGUST 11

EXHAUST 1-
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14
EXHAUST 2-
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18
EXHAUST 3
FRIDAY, AUGUST 21

INTERCOOLER TEST-
STARTING THE WEEK OF AUGUST 24

On all tests we will measure Horsepower, Torque, Air/Fuel Ratio, Ignition Timing, Boost and Intake Air Temperature.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Awesome can't wait guys

Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Awesome can't wait guys
Looking forward to the results!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:20 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Must admit, I love this approach. I wish other high performance mod shops approached the performance upgrade market this way. Great job guys!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Great game plan.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:30 PM
MurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to beholdMurderedTurbo is a splendid one to behold

Subscribed

Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
This is a GREAT approach, guys (and gals?)! I am waiting with interest...

Old 07-31-2015, 07:26 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
I like the approach. Nice that you folks are putting the time in to show the owners the independent gains.

Any shot you will do the IPD Y pipe?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Must admit, I love this approach. I wish other high performance mod shops approached the performance upgrade market this way. Great job guys!
Originally Posted by Weebs
This is a GREAT approach, guys (and gals?)! I am waiting with interest...
This is how I always wanted to do it if I had the tools to do it right. now that we have the tools we figured it would be good for everyone to know these results.

Originally Posted by tommyboy214
I like the approach. Nice that you folks are putting the time in to show the owners the independent gains.

Any shot you will do the IPD Y pipe?
Once the parts become available we will test them all so you can count on that too.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:14 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Thx for doing this. Real world results that are measured.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:40 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Makes sense....