My SOP Dyno tells me...

Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
My SOP Dyno tells me...

...that the Cobb AP3 running a Stage II 93 in my TTS is da bomb!

Tried a few launches last night and I can sense a small difference, but where she really shines now, is while tinkering along in 6th at 70...and you hammer it. That's where she really wakes up...impressive indeed!

Took me all of 6 minutes from start to finish. It took longer to open the box and wipe off the drool than it did to flash!

I gotta say, Cobb makes a seriously cool and quality product. Compared to Diablo and many other tuners out there...Cobb is a 9/10 and the rest are a 4.

Their interface/ GUI is very intuitive and very fast; no delays and no cheap touch screen that feels like a 10-cent programmer. Price is very fair for what you get from them and the tune works very well indeed!

Great Job Cobb! I'm a repeat buyer on the next go 'round too!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Hamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really nice
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
...that the Cobb AP3 running a Stage II 93 in my TTS is da bomb!

Tried a few launches last night and I can sense a small difference, but where she really shines now, is while tinkering along in 6th at 70...and you hammer it. That's where she really wakes up...impressive indeed!

Took me all of 6 minutes from start to finish. It took longer to open the box and wipe off the drool than it did to flash!

I gotta say, Cobb makes a seriously cool and quality product. Compared to Diablo and many other tuners out there...Cobb is a 9/10 and the rest are a 4.

Their interface/ GUI is very intuitive and very fast; no delays and no cheap touch screen that feels like a 10-cent programmer. Price is very fair for what you get from them and the tune works very well indeed!

Whaat about numbers ? 1/4 mile ? 60-130 test ?

Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I haven't had the chance and, it's also not that important to me. The numbers don't mean anything to me...but if the AP has a performance measuring capability, I will eventually test.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 PM
kodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to behold
+1
I have an awesome tuner that does E-tunes if anyone needs a recommendation

Old 08-21-2015, 05:56 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I have to agree with your review. Buying a Cobb AP spoiled me for life. Service, ease of use, features, tuning flexibility... hard to beat unless you go with a standalone (which would cost double or more.)

Old 08-21-2015, 07:55 AM
I'm not sure why standalone would be better...or that it in fact even is.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Thank you so much for the kind words! We very much appreciate it!

Please let us know if you need anything at all!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-21-2015, 11:50 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I'm not sure why standalone would be better...or that it in fact even is.
I actually agree and my wording was probably more confusing than what I was really trying to say. I happened to be speaking with my MoTeC tuner (for my Seadoo) this morning so it was fresh on the brain. Could have just left that part out of my comment
Cheers

Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM
I actually spun tires and slid my *** out (in straight line acceleration) at 70 under WOT today - on very dry and hot pavement. That was pretty cool! Not something I'd ever seen without the tune...

Old 08-22-2015, 05:44 AM
Hamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really nice
I actually spun tires and slid my *** out (in straight line acceleration) at 70 under WOT today - on very dry and hot pavement. That was pretty cool! Not something I'd ever seen without the tune...
Can the car beat Mclaren 650S?

Old 08-22-2015, 06:27 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
Also very interested in 60-130 times and trap speed!

Recently tried against an FBO + Tune + Pulley 2015 Viper GTS

Was neck to neck from 110kph to 240~kph, and I mean exactly neck to neck, I've never had a more exciting race lol. and I believe that viper is faster than a 650s as per his sayings, but only by a margin.

Not to derail the thread tho! Been hearing really good things about the Cobb AP, so super interested in it's street results as I haven't dyno'd my car either yet.

-Hamad

Old 08-22-2015, 07:05 AM
Not sure if it'd beat a 650s; Viper I would think yes...I know it'd eat my 2008 Viper Roadster, which to this day - still has the fastest 1/4 mile ever recorded on a bone stock Gen IV Viper @ 10.92.

I remember reading that a stock MP412C could do a 1/4 mile in mid- high 10's without a stretch...so I'm assuming that the 650s is still a bit quicker - and I know it's much lighter than the 991.

I won't bother dyno'ing the car, since it does everything I want and there's no need for me to go and try to eeek out every last ounce left in her (been there and done that often before with my other cars).

I don't race her either. It's really only for the odd W/O pulls here and there and passing that I wanted more power (and bragging rights - LOL).

Old 08-22-2015, 08:18 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
My SOP Dyno tells me...

Originally Posted by Hamad Qtr
Can the car beat Mclaren 650S?
I can't speak to the results of the Cobb tuned car but the GIAC Stage 2 991 Turbo S with Tubi Catless exhaust, race gas, IPD plenum and R compound tires has a US quarter mile record of 10.265 seconds currently. I would expect similar performance from a Cobb tuned 991 Turbo S with those other mods.

Motor Trend has tested a bone stock 650 S 10.4 seconds in the quarter mile. Most car mags have gotten a 10.5.

fastest time I've ever seen recorded for a stock 991 Turbo S in the quarter mile is 10.6 seconds--by a car mag in ideal conditions. Most car mags have gotten a 10.9 for the quarter for a bone stock 991 TTS.

Bottom line is unless you are running a very aggressive tune, r compound tires and race gas, or an aggressive tune, Catless exhaust and intercoolers with race gas or water meth injection and/or nitrous your 991 TTS is likely going to lose to the 650 s in the quarter and lose to it even worse in a roll race. A bone stock 991 TTS will get murdered by the 650s. It take a bunch of power mods to keep up.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
My SOP Dyno tells me...

Sorry to hijack the thread. Ive just installed the stage 2 93 octane tune on my TTS and wanted to know if its normal for my car to give me full boost all of a sudden at around 2700rpm even when I'm on partial throttle (about quarter way through). It holds at full even when the car upshifts way below redline (as it would normally do on normal mode with partial throttle). I ask because im used to the stock tune which will only give me partial boost and will vary that depending on throttle position. I just wanted to know if its something with my car or if its something normal to expect with the tune. I can take a video next time if needed.

Seeing as there are a bunch of people here who have already installed similar tunes, would be great to hear your thoughts (looking for reassurance here!!).

Mitch - maybe you can check it out in person when you come down here in two weeks time.

Ive got a full exhaust system (incl headers) on my car with 200cell cats.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
Sorry to hijack the thread. Ive just installed the stage 2 93 octane tune on my TTS and wanted to know if its normal for my car to give me full boost all of a sudden at around 2700rpm even when I'm on partial throttle (about quarter way through). It holds at full even when the car upshifts way below redline (as it would normally do on normal mode with partial throttle). I ask because im used to the stock tune which will only give me partial boost and will vary that depending on throttle position. I just wanted to know if its something with my car or if its something normal to expect with the tune. I can take a video next time if needed.

Seeing as there are a bunch of people here who have already installed similar tunes, would be great to hear your thoughts (looking for reassurance here!!).

Mitch - maybe you can check it out in person when you come down here in two weeks time.

Ive got a full exhaust system (incl headers) on my car with 200cell cats.
Shoot me an email happy to chat with you about it! Happy to look at it when I am there as well in a few weeks!

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SOP Dyno tells me...