COBB AP OTS Stage 1 93 Oct installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 08:13 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

COBB AP arrived today along with techart bodykit and fabspeed catless exhaust system. Corey from GMP did a great job with putting the order together and provided excellent support.

The bodykit and exhaust will go on next week along with COBB stage 2.

Since i didn't have any plans this evening I figured what the heck, let me try to install stage 1 map, and see what this COBB thing is about. The registration, map download took maybe 10 minutes. And the actual flash took even less time. I did not expect this product to be so polished and well thought out given that performance tuning's gotta be relatively low volume and niche market.

A great start, now let's talk about the performance.

The car seems to be more raw, the exhaust is louder, at low speed cruising it feels about the same, once you get up to high way speed and punch it, holy $%#%$. I have never seen the RPM move so fast to the redline before, probably not in any car that i've ever been in. The engine RIPPS through the mid range all the way to the redline. In the past i felt that the car can use more power 60 mph +, this tune does it for me. The speed definitely put me outside of my comfort zone a few times.

Now let's talk about the launch control, i have to say it is significantly stronger than stock, at least for me. It feels as fast as SDG's GIAC stage 2 tune with an EP exhaust and I was the passenger. In this situation i was the driver expecting the launch and it still took me by surprise how strong it was. Tires broke traction and car wiggles a bit before regaining traction.

The only downside i would say is that i don't feel complete control in terms of modulating acceleration, this could be that i am pretty new to turbo cars and i've only had the tts for a month. I still don't know when those turbos are going to kick in and how much air it will push. In return i don't have total confidence. Hope this will improve over time.

In summary, COBB AP is revolutionary way to tune your car. It completely transformed the character of the car. It is an exceptional product with world class support (kudos to Mitch!) I don't think i need stage 2 with catless anymore, but of course i will put them on anyway. I will report back next week with impression on stage 2. COBB is an exceptional product.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:37 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Hi Guys,

COBB AP arrived today along with techart bodykit and fabspeed catless exhaust system. Corey from GMP did a great job with putting the order together and provided excellent support.

Since i didn't have any plans this evening I figured what the heck, let me try to install stage 1 map, and see what this COBB thing is about. The registration, map download took maybe 10 minutes. And the actual flash took even less time. I did not expect this product to be so polished and well thought out given that performance tuning's gotta be relatively low volume and niche market.

The car seems to be more raw, the exhaust is louder, at low speed cruising it feels about the same, once you get up to high way speed and punch it, holy $%#%$. I have never seen the RPM move so fast to the redline before, probably not in any car that i've ever been in. The engine RIPPS through the mid range all the way to the redline. In the past i felt that the car can use more power 60 mph +, this tune does it for me. The speed definitely put me outside of my comfort zone a few times.

Now let's talk about the launch control, i have to say it is significantly stronger than stock, at least for me. It feels as fast as SDG's GIAC stage 2 tune with an EP exhaust and I was the passenger. In this situation i was the driver expecting the launch and it still took me by surprise how strong it was. Tires broke traction and car wiggles a bit before regaining traction.

The only downside i would say is that i don't feel complete control in terms of modulating acceleration, this could be that i am pretty new to turbo cars and i've only had the tts for a month. I still don't know when those turbos are going to kick in and how much air it will push. In return i don't have total confidence. Hope this will improve over time.

In summary, COBB AP is revolutionary way to tune your car. It completely transformed the character of the car. It is an exceptional product with world class support (kudos to Mitch!) I don't think i need stage 2 with catless anymore, but of course i will put them on anyway. I will report back next week with impression on stage 2. COBB is an exceptional product.
Congrats!! Time for grippier tires than the P Zeros!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute

sdg you are bad influence !

Old 08-28-2015, 09:16 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
sdg you are bad influence !
Who me? I'm innocent LOL.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Hi Guys,

I am so happy that you are happy with the Accessport!

If you have any questions at all or need anything please feel free to let us know!

Thanks!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-30-2015, 06:48 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
That was a good honest review...

Thanks for writing it ...

There is a good chance I'm moving to a 16 TT and I will have to add this to my list!
mike

Old 08-30-2015, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by svoshop

There is a good chance I'm moving to a 16 TT and I will have to add this to my list!
mike
+1.

Looks like the Cobb AP worked well. Looking forward to the Cobb vs GIAC shootouts at events.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:49 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
+1.

Looks like the Cobb AP worked well. Looking forward to the Cobb vs GIAC shootouts at events.
Yeap, we have a half mile event in November and a few GIAC ' COBB PCars will be there, hopefully I´m gonna be one of the COBB cars

Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by svoshop

mike
Feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US