75hp gain from Plenum and y pipe??

Old 08-28-2015, 09:35 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about doing these two mods on my 991 TTS, but can someone independently confirm that there is actually this much of a gain from the Plenum and Y-pipe for the 991 Turbo S? If this is accurate its an incredible bang for your buck IMO....

Old 08-28-2015, 10:10 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
No chance.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
If those are the IPD claims then it is with the Cobb Accessport. The IPD plenum and Y pipe do great especially paired with the AP.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-29-2015, 04:41 AM
Bader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud of
Check with Sean ( SRM ) . He can help you great deal . Even in fixing you the part with better Quality . I assure you that "

Old 08-29-2015, 05:41 AM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
this is from their site, the Y pipe says "No Flash"

not sure about the Plenum...

Attached Files
File Type: html
no flash.html (86.0 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by cm09578; 08-29-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:44 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
There is NO way you can achieve any real HP gains without a flash or an add-on power booster...

Any gains you think you'll get with exhaust / intake related components only, would be very marginal or possibly even negative. You can't do it on these cars or any others that I'm aware of; I'd be very suspect of any claims otherwise.

Upgraded breathing and exhausting requires more fuel, timing, air, etc.. to make more power, which can only be accurately delivered via a re-flash or an add-on power booster.

In general, ECU's are unaware of external changes such as exhaust, intake etc...and cannot to any real degree, compensate for better breathing/ exhausting on their own.

These changes on their own, without software modification, MIGHT give you a few HP at the very, very top of the band, where most people don't live.

I used to hear these things all the time on the Corvette Forums, but I have tested mods like this on the Dyno, without software, and in most cases, have never seen an impactful increase in HP. Most of it is a load of BS, made by a number of unscrupulous vendors out there.

Dyno's can be made to show power increases just by themselves...without doing anything. LOL

If you go this route, I would love to see the before and after same day Dyno runs!

Last edited by BLOWN SRT; 08-29-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:10 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
There is NO way you can achieve any real HP gains without a flash or an add-on power booster...

Any gains you think you'll get with exhaust / intake related components only, would be very marginal or possibly even negative. You can't do it on these cars or any others that I'm aware of; I'd be very suspect of any claims otherwise.

Upgraded breathing and exhausting requires more fuel, timing, air, etc.. to make more power, which can only be accurately delivered via a re-flash or an add-on power booster.

In general, ECU's are unaware of external changes such as exhaust, intake etc...and cannot to any real degree, compensate for better breathing/ exhausting on their own.

These changes on their own, without software modification, MIGHT give you a few HP at the very, very top of the band, where most people don't live.

I used to hear these things all the time on the Corvette Forums, but I have tested mods like this on the Dyno, without software, and in most cases, have never seen an impactful increase in HP. Most of it is a load of BS, made by a number of unscrupulous vendors out there.

Dyno's can be made to show power increases just by themselves...without doing anything. LOL

If you go this route, I would love to see the before and after same day Dyno runs!
Agree 100 percent. ECU need to be reflashed to account for better breathing. And the scrupulous aftermarket exhaust vendors, like Stef from Europipe, say so publicly on their website.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo960.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	427182  
Old 08-29-2015, 09:54 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
There is NO way you can achieve any real HP gains without a flash or an add-on power booster... Any gains you think you'll get with exhaust / intake related components only, would be very marginal or possibly even negative. You can't do it on these cars or any others that I'm aware of; I'd be very suspect of any claims otherwise. Upgraded breathing and exhausting requires more fuel, timing, air, etc.. to make more power, which can only be accurately delivered via a re-flash or an add-on power booster. In general, ECU's are unaware of external changes such as exhaust, intake etc...and cannot to any real degree, compensate for better breathing/ exhausting on their own. These changes on their own, without software modification, MIGHT give you a few HP at the very, very top of the band, where most people don't live. I used to hear these things all the time on the Corvette Forums, but I have tested mods like this on the Dyno, without software, and in most cases, have never seen an impactful increase in HP. Most of it is a load of BS, made by a number of unscrupulous vendors out there. Dyno's can be made to show power increases just by themselves...without doing anything. LOL If you go this route, I would love to see the before and after same day Dyno runs!
100% wrong.

The IPD plenum has been proven to deliver +35 ft lbs and +30 hp to the wheels on a 997.2 Turbo S bone stock. How do i know? Mine was the test car back in 2013 at Cobb SoCal with John Hebblen as the dyno operator. Posted on the 997 Turbo section and IPD website.

Because of the ECU torque limiters the power above 4,500 rpm is nominal.

IPD Mike just bought a 991 Turbo S and developed his Y pipe and just got back from the Cobbs dyno and it made the similar +35/30 delta over bone stock in the mid range no tune.

Together (the plenum and y pipe) will not make 75 hp. But hey will make substantial midrange and paired with a tune will also provide a bit more top end over the tune alone.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:48 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !

Just as a FYI the Champion intercoolers hitting the market for the 991 TT and TTS now come with their own Y pipe as part of the kit. So the IPD Y pipe and Champion intercooler kit are either/or mods.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
100% wrong.

The IPD plenum has been proven to deliver +35 ft lbs and +30 hp to the wheels on a 997.2 Turbo S bone stock. How do i know? Mine was the test car back in 2013 at Cobb SoCal with John Hebblen as the dyno operator. Posted on the 997 Turbo section and IPD website.

IPD Mike just bought a 991 Turbo S and developed his Y pipe and just got back from the Cobbs dyno and it made the similar +35/30 delta over bone stock in the mid range no tune.

Together (the plenum and y pipe) will not make 75 hp. But hey will make substantial midrange and paired with a tune will also provide a bit more top end over the tune alone.
If this Mod is done, and then a tune is not done, will the increased of performance last with the stock tune?

Old 08-30-2015, 08:49 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
100% wrong.

If you say so...

Old 08-30-2015, 09:39 AM

If you say so...
I have the IPD plenum but I got it with a big package of mods so I cannot speak to its independent effect.

What I can say is that the fastest GIAC tuned 991 Turbo S in the country, Karl911's, has it and the fastest 997.2 Turbo S in the country on stock turbos of which I am aware, Longboarder's car, has it.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:46 AM
I don't disagree with the gain from the IPD Plenum; I have it as well, but I don't for a second believe it will achieve and gains worth noting all by itself,or even with an x-pipe, no matter

I got my IPD the same as you, with exhaust, headers, intake and a Cobb tune...

Old 08-30-2015, 10:18 AM

I don't disagree with the gain from the IPD Plenum; I have it as well, but I don't for a second believe it will achieve and gains worth noting all by itself,or even with an x-pipe, no matter

Never getting the Y pipe as the Champion ICs and Y pipe are going in.

Got a killer deal on very lightly used FVD headers so intend to install those too

Old 08-30-2015, 03:06 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute

Blown SRT, do you have Cobb stage 2 OTS or custom tune?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 75hp gain from Plenum and y pipe??