Twice Bitten by The Upgrade Bug

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
Twice Bitten by The Upgrade Bug

I've never tuned past Porsches. It wasn't that I didn't want to, I just didn't want to worry about warranty, hiccups, and various other issues that I ran into about 10 years ago with a BMW 328is that I had worked on. It was a bad experience all around.

However, when I started seeing posts here about others tuning their ECUs, installing exhausts and more, I got bit by the upgrade bug. ALL of you are a TERRIBLE influence on me! So, I picked SamboTT at ByDesign because of his reputation, the products that he reps, and because of what a few of you said about your experiences with him and various other vendors.

My first purchase was the Cobb AP, IPD Plenum, BMC filter and Kline SS exhaust with 100 cell cats. I haven't installed the exhaust, plenum and filter yet, but I did get a chance to load the Cobb Stage I tune... BOOM! I am SO happy I did this first before the other pieces. It REALLY made a difference for me. I intend to use their AP to get some times down and will share those with you as soon as I have a chance to do so.

The really BAD news is that the bug bit me AGAIN after installing just the Stage I tune. I really want to go further with this and decided to jump in with both feet. So, I just texted SamboTT and ordered a Y-pipe, Kline headers and the new intercoolers he just posted about. I can't WAIT to see what this beast can do when everything is installed!

A big shout out to Sam for repping high quality products at good prices. I can't say enough about how he has taken care of my car's needs and put up with probably a hundred texts, emails and phone calls. Quality individual there.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:51 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Can't say enough about Sam - terrific guy to work with in this industry.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Great review please let us know if you need anything at all!

Thanks

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 09-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Great review please let us know if you need anything at all!

Thanks

-Mitch
Hi Mitch,

Oh, I'll definitely need to talk with you through Sam for a Stage III tune!!!

Old 09-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Tick, Tick , Tick!
A lot will happen in the next 2 weeks.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Bring it, Sam!! Bring it!!

Old 09-07-2015, 06:37 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well once you get it all installed, you need to go do a track day and then once you have smoked the track crack, you will have another avenue of enjoyment which also costs bucks and probably invalidates the warranty but hey, this is a great car for the track. Even on PZeros it's great. It's totally able to save your *** and let you go fast, fast, fast, if you let it.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !

+1 for sure. There are several crack holes to fall into with a P-Car TT!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:28 AM
That sounds like yet another step further on the slippery slope, WRS!

By the way, I see you are in Austin, TX. Do they ever give you a chance to drive on that pretty fresh track they built down there? "Circuit of the Americas," isn't it called?

I'm headed down there this weekend to hang out with some family and watch my brother in law play Sunday night at Saxon Pub. Great town!

Old 09-07-2015, 11:39 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Great set up, let us know how it goes

Old 09-07-2015, 11:42 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Weebs
That sounds like yet another step further on the slippery slope, WRS!

By the way, I see you are in Austin, TX. Do they ever give you a chance to drive on that pretty fresh track they built down there? "Circuit of the Americas," isn't it called?

I'm headed down there this weekend to hang out with some family and watch my brother in law play Sunday night at Saxon Pub. Great town!
Yes indeed, I commented because I just got done with a track day at COTA yesterday. Edge Addicts had a two day event this weekend and I did the second day. I thought two days in the heat would be too much for me and the car. I also did the one on July 5 and since I knew how hot the track gets from that experience I figured the second day would be better for me.

So the answer is yes. The weekend before this , Chin Motorsports had a two day event as well. COTA now allowing groups to rent the track and put on events. I hear the cost for the rental is $20,000/day. Anyway, Edge Addicts charges $595/day and if you need an instructor that is $100 and 1/4 of a garage is an additional $100. Kind of pricey but you get five runs of about 25 minutes each. It ends up being just about the right amount of track time for one day.