Video and Slip from my third run today at SARaceway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:47 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Video and Slip from my third run today at SARaceway

I was running the same GTR as earlier in the Forced Induction Sport class which is 10-12s ET. There were a couple of GTRs that ran sub 10 and Tito's GTR ran 9.8 against me earlier in the day. I started out using the 93 Stage 2 map with a mix of 93 and 104. By this run I had loaded the 100 map and lowered front tire pressure to 38 and rear to 35. I didn't scuff up the tires and I had the PDCC turned off but TC on. I think I need to try the opposite combo as well. Anyway here is the Youtube of the run and the slip. I beat him off the line but he caught me after at about 110mph and left me. We were running Pro-Trees today which is trickier to time launch control on but I got a .3s reaction on one of my runs and I got .5 on this one. Really love how quick it is to change maps with the AP and I got really detailed datalogs from the runs. I used the data to create a dashware file from which I was able to give the overlay.

Here is my slip that goes with the video and a Cobb GTR that has 1035whp and runs 8s.

Attached Images    

Last edited by wrs; 10-03-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:29 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
What was the DA? Good reaction.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:39 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
i was reading your post about the AP3 over the FVD in detail. I see you're using the AP3 now, but I also read that you were thinking about sub 10.5's with it. Was this run faster than your previous best on the FVD module? Just curious!

Old 10-04-2015, 08:19 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
i was reading your post about the AP3 over the FVD in detail. I see you're using the AP3 now, but I also read that you were thinking about sub 10.5's with it. Was this run faster than your previous best on the FVD module? Just curious!
Yeah I was thinking about sub 10.5s but look at the lousy 60ft. I don't know what to do about that. I had 35 in the rears, other guys are running 28 all the way around on the GTRs. I will try traction control off but with LC I don't know if it matters or not. I also didn't try the roughing up the tires trick that EcpChris suggested because I usually try that kind of thing in T&T and this was actual qualifying runs. I am going to go back out next Friday because I am just going to send my OU tickets to my daughter and not waste time going to Dallas. Tickets cost me $700 this year as prices were raised again and I just give them away because Texas sucks so badly. I was much happier dragging yesterday than wasting time watching the longhorns on TV.

My best slip with FVD was 10.65 and 135.4. So it's a little better than what I had yesterday afternoon. It had a 1.66 60ft but the 1/8 mph was 103.93 and yesterday it was 103.95 so the car was faster the second 1/8 mile on the best run but the ET was better on the faster run for the 1/8, 6.88 vs 6.95 and that is almost the difference in ET as is the 60ft of .06. ET differential is .07 and both 60ft and 1/8 ET was .07 better so it seems the biggest difference in ET was the 60ft but the car still trapped 2mph higher with the FVD.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
What was the DA? Good reaction.
I don't know why that reprint shows 9:29 because it was about 1:45pm when I made the run and the temp was 89 with a humidity of 30%. Based on a check of weather conditions it was a 2670 which is consistent with the DA of 2750 when I ran the best times with the FVD module on the car. However, that was in the evening near dark and this was in the middle of the day. It was also when the tires were hot and I had just rolled up to the track. This time is .07 slower on 60ft and 2mph lower on trap speed.

I got in three runs yesterday the first two were with the 93 map and the tires were at 45 on the back and 40 on the front. Here they are. Changing the map and letting air out helped but by then it was hotter because there was a wreck on the track which held us up about 45 minutes.

I got there at about 9:45 and there was a long line to get in so I idled inline for 45 minutes and then I went over and put in 4 gallons of 104 on top of about 5 gallons of 93 but didn't change the map. You can see my first run wasn't until almost noon and I ran Tito in the same GTR as earlier. He was driving a friends GTR and I don't know what it's setup is. Those two white GTRs are monsters and had roll cages because they run 8 at 15x. However, Tito's friends GTR was very strong as he cut a 9.8 on the first run.

I think the track must have degraded by the last run because Tito lost .3s on his ET. My last 60ft was the best at 1.72 and but not much better than the others. Tito had a worse 60ft 1.74 vs 1.67 in his first run but he had the same trap of 143 as earlier resulting in a 10.13 ET vs a 9.86 ET. My ET was better as was my trap and my 60ft based on changing the map and lowering tire pressure. We flipped reaction times so that is why you don't see him until late in the race as he overtakes me.

Attached Images   
Old 10-04-2015, 09:23 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah isn't that slower than before with likely cooler aka better conditions?

And yet the dyno numbers made it look like the Cobb was going to run circles around the FVD.

Oops.

Last edited by shifter_; 10-04-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:39 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by shifter_
Yeah isn't that slower than before with likely cooler aka better conditions?

And yet the dyno numbers made it look like the Cobb was going to run circles around the FVD.

Oops.
It's only a little bit slower and the DA isn't any better since it was in the middle of the afternoon and the track was already greasy. My best run with the FVD module was on a fresh track when I was car #2. This run was my third pass down the track and what it looks like from the data is that TC kicked in after .44s and slowed the car down by pulling timing which took .78s to recover from so that after 1.2s I was only going 27mph. That affected my ET, trap speed and 60ft. I will be running the car with TC off on Friday night to see how that helps and I will be using 100 octane gas with the 100 octane map from the start. Then we will see how the Cobb Tune does. I have Performance Box data that doesn't show any slow down like I saw here and since it was taken at .1. intervals, that would have been visible. Here is that data. What is interesting to note is that even though the track gives me a 135.4 trap speed, Vbox shows a peak of 135 but gives me a 130.249 trap speed and a faster ET of 10.62 vs 10.65 so I think the way the GPS measured the quarter mile was different than the track. I am not sure this is with 1ft rollout.

Anyway shifter, before oopsing Cobb, it's best to make sure I am comparing like situations and Titos car losing .3s on his ET shows me that we are not.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 10-05-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Can you post better pics of those other 2 slips? or at least post your 1/8 mile et and trap?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Can you post better pics of those other 2 slips? or at least post your 1/8 mile et and trap?
Here is another try making them gray scale. Maybe they will be more readable. I am car 45. Both of these were with the 93 octane map but I had a 50/50 mix of 104 and 93. I did get the slow down in the run at 12:17 which was a T&T run, the other was qualifying against Tito's GTR.

Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2015, 08:43 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
105mph in the 1/8 is running strong. By comparing your 1/8 mile ETs to the traps, you can tell your car is holding back in the first 60'. Anyone who races these cars would know that. 103 in the 1/8 should be around a 6.9. Run without TC on and you will certainly run faster than you have prior.
For reference, in my COBB 997.2 I would hit 105-106 in the 1/8 mile (6.4-6.5 ET) and run 10.2-10.3 @ 133/134. 60' of 1.55-1.6

You def have more in it with a good launch and no TC. TC is killing your times. The only "oops" here is leaving it on during the run
Also, like you mentioned, I would run race gas and the race map before you get to the track. That will help because the race map has different timing and boost targets than the pump map as opposed to "adjusting" to your fuel by relying on the knock sensors.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:45 AM
wrs
Here is a better video with more guages but its not HD so the resolution of the frames isn't good enough to see the slow down I don't think.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 AM
You prob couldn't see the brief slowdown from the video. I "think" TC temporarily engages different brakes and closes the throttle. You wouldn't see the brakes on the log but you would see the throttle position vs target.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:09 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by ecpChris
You prob couldn't see the brief slowdown from the video. I "think" TC temporarily engages different brakes and closes the throttle. You wouldn't see the brakes on the log but you would see the throttle position vs target.
That is in the other thread data. Both the throttle angle actual and throttle angle target drop. Does that have to do with the pedal or the actual throttle on the car that I have no direct control over? This makes me think my foot slipped but I don't see how.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by wrs
That is in the other thread data. Both the throttle angle actual and throttle angle target drop. Does that have to do with the pedal or the actual throttle on the car that I have no direct control over? This makes me think my foot slipped but I don't see how.
No, since the car is drive by wire, the ecu tells it (throttle) to briefly shut while it thinks you do not have traction. It also applies brakes briefly

Old 10-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
This will all pay off.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:28 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Wow 163 IAT in that pass... Get some ByDesign IC's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video and Slip from my third run today at SARaceway