Moving to portland or

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Moving to portland or

Hey , we are moving to portland , with our turbo s

Any recommendations for dealers , roads , police or just general advices about portland?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:17 AM
3POINT8 is on a distinguished road
check out hwy 53 out towards the coast. about 20 miles of corkscrews, three straits and zero cops. i am not a fan of the sunset porsche as they didn't do great work on my car. i have not purchased with them and i know others think highly of them but i thought their work was less than stellar. I go to matrix integrated on macadam.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:35 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
I've been through these type of dealer ship, thx for the warning

Old 05-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Welcome.

I don't have any issues at all with Sunset. Perhaps I have special status, but I doubt it. I wasn't offered a GT4 or 911R They take care of all of my issues quickly and effectively. That said, its always been on warranty, so perhaps things change after the warranties are over?

I echo the pleasure of highway 53. Its a good hour or so to get out there, and its a slow hour thats heavily patrolled. But 53 isnt, and its one hell of a ride.

I spend most of my driving days heading out Hwy 30 or Skyline to Rocky Point (a curvy road up a hill from 30 to Skyline), then back towards town on Skyline, down Logie Trail, back 30, up McNamee, back Skyline, down Newberry, back, 30 up Germantown, back Skyline, down Thompson, and home.

Its a cycling town, and there's always cyclists that one should be aware of. I'm frequently one of them, so I don't go more than 7/10ths on the street anyways.

The PCA is active here, and there are several arrive-and-drive's a year, PCA (and SCCA) autocrosses, and the local track (PIR) is actually a pretty good track (for having no elevation changes) if you like track days.

Otherwise, if you like beer food, but can look past the Subarus and Priuses in the fast lane, you'll love it here.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Can't wait to drive those roads
Thx

Old 05-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by No32
Hey , we are moving to portland , with our turbo s

Any recommendations for dealers , roads , police or just general advices about portland?
Have only passed through Portland on way to/from places in Washington.

The big standouts?

What I recall is one can't pump his own gasoline in OR. Find a station that has someone that knows how to properly fill the gas tank of your Turbo S.

On my drives through OR I fill up in CA and don't fill up again until I reach WA and vice versa on the way back. This mileage gives you an idea of how careful I watch my speed in OR.

Which brings me to this: Speed limits are a bit less in OR at least on I-5 than in CA (and maybe WA, but I can't recall the speed limits in WA on I-5). Regardless, they are reduced in OR so watch your speed.

No experience with any Porsche dealers in OR (or WA.). I tried to use the dealer in Bend once. It didn't go well.

My only real OR road experience -- in my Boxster -- is taking highway 20 from I-84 over in Idaho and going all the way to Bend OR. I had a very nice time driving on this mostly deserted highway. (My Turbo has hardly been off of I-5 while in OR.)

Old 05-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Lol, I like the last part about overlooking the priuses and subarus