Autoclub Fontana this weekend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Autoclub Fontana this weekend?

Anyone going to the Street Legsl drags this Saturday at Fontana? I'm going to head out...hopefully the track will be prepped well and the air looks like it could be good with any luck.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:08 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Uthatcher
Anyone going to the Street Legsl drags this Saturday at Fontana? I'm going to head out...hopefully the track will be prepped well and the air looks like it could be good with any luck.
Good luck that's a tough track. This time of year you typically get a strong headwind in 90+ degree temps. That track also runs over 20 feet uphill and is about 1,200 feet above sea level but with the temps you end up with mile high DA. Also no prep at all. I ran back in Aug 2015 with my 997.2. Put together one good run but then almost smacked into the wall on the next run when all 4 wheels came loose (on r888's) on the 2-3 shift around 75mph. My buddy with a FBO e85 GTR went with me and did a few 131-132 mph runs and no changes ran 138.6 at Famoso a few months later (on negative DA and tailwinds)...so don't expect much.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Well, we'll see how it goes. Even if the track isn't great, I've only ran the car a few times and some practice can't hurt. Plus it's not too far away for me. Famoso last week was 2200-2400 DA all day, it was hot and the track wasn't very sticky, so I doubt Fontana will be worse. But I've been wrong before...

Old 09-28-2016, 06:08 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Well, we'll see how it goes. Even if the track isn't great, I've only ran the car a few times and some practice can't hurt. Plus it's not too far away for me. Famoso last week was 2200-2400 DA all day, it was hot and the track wasn't very sticky, so I doubt Fontana will be worse. But I've been wrong before...
Yes going to practice not a bad idea. Just don't expect much there. Here's how the two tracks compare:

1) Even if there is no prep at Famoso it's a much better surface than Auto Club's converted parking lot surface which is downright dangerous.
2) Famoso usually has a tail wind Vs a headwind at Fontana.
3) Famoso also runs downhill slightly Vs uphill at Fontana.
4) Famoso is 600 feet elevation and Fontana is double that.

Both places are hot this time of year.

Best of luck.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
That's actually a pretty good DA for Famoso in the summertime. You should sign up for the next red list at Famoso dec 3rd decent track prep cooler weather you can put down some good times, and lots of cool cars to check out

Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
That's actually a pretty good DA for Famoso in the summertime. You should sign up for the next red list at Famoso dec 3rd decent track prep cooler weather you can put down some good times, and lots of cool cars to check out
I was perfectly happy with the ET and traps at Fomoso but I'm from the east coast and we've got some damn fast tracks there, so I know a lot was left on the table. But I hadn't been to the drags in a long time so I'm content with learning the car and getting some practice (there's a lot of buttons to hit before a run!). Anything that runs low 10's at over 130 is fast enough to have a good time with even at a slower track, that's for sure!

I'm likely going to be out of town for that Redlist event or for sure I'd be going.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
I was perfectly happy with the ET and traps at Fomoso but I'm from the east coast and we've got some damn fast tracks there, so I know a lot was left on the table. But I hadn't been to the drags in a long time so I'm content with learning the car and getting some practice (there's a lot of buttons to hit before a run!). Anything that runs low 10's at over 130 is fast enough to have a good time with even at a slower track, that's for sure!

I'm likely going to be out of town for that Redlist event or for sure I'd be going.
Damn straight low 10's are great times but she'll run even better dec 3rd

Old 09-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Damn straight low 10's are great times but she'll run even better dec 3rd
I know, I know...you're killing me here, I want to go! But I'm like 99% sure I'll be out of town.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:05 AM
blkonblk88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes famoso in December is great. Night racing. DA will be excellent as well. Better then driving to Sacramento raceway at least for me. I'll be there with the Porsche and GTR shooting for 7's.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by blkonblk88
Yes famoso in December is great. Night racing. DA will be excellent as well. Better then driving to Sacramento raceway at least for me. I'll be there with the Porsche and GTR shooting for 7's.
Great I was the only Porsche out there last time, had to show em all what we got

Old 09-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Jesus 7's ?!?! The 991 is a fantastic all around car. But if all out straight line speed is your thing the GTR/Lambo/R8 sure are the cars to get.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:49 AM
blkonblk88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by longboarder
Jesus 7's ?!?! The 991 is a fantastic all around car. But if all out straight line speed is your thing the GTR/Lambo/R8 sure are the cars to get.
Yes lol. Old setup did 8.2. New one should be 7's no problem. Hopefully at least. Red list is a great event whoever is local should join.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Yes lol. Old setup did 8.2. New one should be 7's no problem. Hopefully at least. Red list is a great event whoever is local should join.
Cant wait to see you run out there, 7's at 180-200mph is about 10 step ups past mid 9's good luck

Old 10-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Well my plans changed and I could bring one car to the track so I brought my Turbo Macan. But everyone was right, the air sucked hard and the truck spun a lot off the line. I managed a 12.47 @ 107.44 though so that wasn't bad for a 3600 ft DA and 90 degrees. The Macan was running the 93 Cobb tune with MS109.