Sound difference: Sharkwerks vs Europipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 11:44 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
With regards to the kline (or I believe EP), DAMN they sound good with off-road pipes. Like the car sounds perfect. Absolutely perfect volume, rasp, bass, and song in each driving type. Super responsive. Just perfect.

I just dont want to drive around with a tune and I don't want to drive around without cats, so I keep the cats on and the tune unloaded except for events. But when I do take the cats out, good LORD what a song.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:19 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Honestly with Stef and EP you can go in blindfolded, sign on the dotted line knowing you are buying one of the best quality exhausts out there at a competitive price - equivalent quality exhaust from Akrapovic or Capristo would cost far more. The EP exhaust in the vid above sounds very nice.
That is well put.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:20 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmorgan911
Europipe is built so well the installer literally spent an hour admiring the welds and finish. It sounds perfect, you'll love it!
I had the same kind of comment at a major Porsche dealer in Nassau County, Long Island. Several of the techs came up to me and said the build quality of the Europipe was the highest in the market and much better made than stock exhaust.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:20 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
Thank you all for the positive feedback. Can I assume that the rear bumper cover needs to be removed to gain access for the factory removal and EUROPIPE installation? I remember doing a SHARKSWERK on my 2011 GT3 and such was necessary....not hard at all and I have a lift in my garage which helps immensely.
Yes the rear bumper has to be removed indeed. One of the advantages of the muffler bypass pipes is that you don't have to remove the bumper. But with our Europipe you really do need to remove the bumper.

The most difficult part in swapping the exhausts is removing the nuts at the turbochargers as they have a tendency to seize. In some cases the stud will back out before the self locking nut breaks loose. If the studs don’t back out so much the better, otherwise insert new studs.

Here is a picture of the included hardware. The red wires are for fishing up the Lambda sensor wires. The 12mm ratched wrench is one that I've heated and bend. The angled bit holder comes in handy as well.

Name:  991%20Turbo_zps6zwdsiln.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  96.9 KB

Old 12-03-2016, 06:06 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
On its way

Name:  DSC_4420_zps5fggxw4v.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  75.8 KB

Old 12-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Love my EP. I had it installed at a dealer in NY and the parts manager was very impressed with the build quality.

Quick video.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Right choice...EP all the way, there is no substitute!

Old 12-08-2016, 03:13 PM
momostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud ofmomostyle has much to be proud of
Hi
Europipe is not kline right?
They look alike
Europipe is louder than Kline when decatted
Any vendors for Canada ?

Old 12-09-2016, 04:08 AM
charge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura about
Just installed it

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1045.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	465461  
Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by momostyle
Hi
Europipe is not kline right?
They look alike
Europipe is louder than Kline when decatted
Any vendors for Canada ?
Europipe and Kline are totally separate.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:37 AM
charge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura about
So I've had the Europipe on for about a week. I would concur with all the previous owners comments about the great build quality and the responsive and timely customer support from the owner Stef...

Previously, I had the Sharkwerk pipes which gave a muscle car like sound in Sport or Sport Plus mode but exhibited drone and booming inside the cabin. Plus the fittment on the exhaust tips were quite crude. Overall not the sound I was looking for.

The Europipe on the other hand doesn't sound much louder than stock exhaust in non-Sport mode. You can hear turbos spooling more prominently and for lack of a better word has a more mechanical/metallic sounding when punched plus there is no drone.

Europipe is more then twice the cost of Sharkwerks but as they say "you get what you pay for."

Last edited by charge; 12-16-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:17 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by charge
So I've had the Europipe on for about a week. I would concur with all the previous owners comments about the great build quality and the responsive and timely customer support from the owner Stef...

Previously, I had the Sharkwerk pipes which gave a muscle car like sound in Sport or Sport Plus mode but exhibited drone and booming inside the cabin.

The Europipe on the other hand doesn't sound much louder than stock exhaust in non-Sport mode. You can hear turbos spooling more prominently and for lack of a better word has a more mechanical/metallic sounding when punched plus there is no drone.

Europipe is more then twice the cost of Sharkwerks but as they say "you get what you pay for."
Curious but my experience differs completely as a Sharkwerks owner. The stock Porsche exhaust droned at highway speeds, which the Sharkwerks eliminated.

Sound is subjective no matter how fine a point we try to put on all the descriptive narratives..

Old 12-18-2016, 03:59 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by momostyle
Any vendors for Canada ?
Buy direct from EP no need for vendor - great customer service from Stef.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
spraguedawley is an unknown quantity at this point
While I have not experienced the SW, I am extremely happy with the EP I purchased used on this forum. There is no drone and the sound is quite satisfying. One of the things I appreciate the most, which came as a surprise to me, was how much louder the turbo noises are with the EP.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:26 AM
SilveRT8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Curious but my experience differs completely as a Sharkwerks owner. The stock Porsche exhaust droned at highway speeds, which the Sharkwerks eliminated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOpL6-9xhs

Sound is subjective no matter how fine a point we try to put on all the descriptive narratives..

Hi,
Very happy to report that I bought this used Sharwerks exhaust from 1Gunner (video above) and just installed it on my 2017 991.2 TTS.
The fact that it's basically 2 straight SS pipes, acting as a muffler delete, keeping the stock cats and not voiding the warranty was the deciding factor. For installation, I had to remove the rear bumper and left side cat, but everything went well in 4 hours, no rush.
To me, the Stock exhaust sounded tame and mundane, but with the Sharkwerks it now has that muscular, deep tone, about 30% louder than stock and not obnoxious at all. Contrary to what some have reported, there is NO DRONE in my car, same as 1Gunner's experience with it. Cruising is not much louder than stock, and when in Sport mode there is lots of nice burble and pops on decell. Sharwerks weighs 13 lbs vs Stock muffler at 26 lbs, so a 13 lbs reduction as a bonus. Overall I'm very please with the way this continuous exhaust research turned out, as I wanted to keep the factory cats, and the sound now matches the personality of the car. !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.