2017 Turbo build - power steeering plus?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 06:47 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
2017 Turbo build - power steeering plus?

I appreciate the earlier responses on my posting re whether to Burmester and PDDC or not, and as I finalize my build, would appreciate thoughts on the pros and cons of 'power steering plus'....a mere $270.00 option which is probably the least expensive option one can pick. Thank you

Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tssci
I appreciate the earlier responses on my posting re whether to Burmester and PDDC or not, and as I finalize my build, would appreciate thoughts on the pros and cons of 'power steering plus'....a mere $270.00 option which is probably the least expensive option one can pick. Thank you
I suggest you go to dealer and drive any 911 with and without Power Steering Plus to make your own decision.

For me it is a an absolute must. I find the steering of the 911 very heavy at zero to 10mph speed which makes parallel parking, parking and low speed driving an unpleasant activity. I would never buy a Porsche without Power Steering Plus.

That said, it can also be retrofitted or removed aftermarket (for a higher price) if you make the wrong choice. It is purely a software configuration.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:43 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Burmester - Absolutely fabulous.

PDDC - my 2017 TT is a DD, so unless you are going to track the car - save your money.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rtant-you.html

power steering plus - nope. Save your money. My last TT (2016) had it and I was unimpressed. The car is so easy to maneuver. On my Cayenne - it was worth it due to the increased weight.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:14 AM
beepbeep is on a distinguished road
I had it on one 2014 TTS (my car) but not on the wife's 2014 TTS. She didn't want it. Switching back and forth between the two cars, I had to agree with her. Car just felt more "normal" without it since the steering effort stayed the same at all speeds.

Frankly, I decided the car didn't need the lighter low speed steering even in parking lots or while parking the car.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:02 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Had it on a '13 C2S for 18K miles.....not on my '15 TT.

Don't miss it at all.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I had it on my 2016 TS but not on my 2017. I don't miss it at all. One thing that bothers me is the "skipping" at full wheel lock in parking lot maneuvers. Seems more pronounced than my 2016 or 2011.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:40 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stage7
I had it on my 2016 TS but not on my 2017. I don't miss it at all. One thing that bothers me is the "skipping" at full wheel lock in parking lot maneuvers. Seems more pronounced than my 2016 or 2011.
Thank you all again....most helpful insight, and yes, I too have the 'skipping' in my 50th Anniversary car which seems more pronounced as the weather gets colder and the 'summer' tires get harder!

Old 11-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Im considering having it removed. The steering is too assisted with it.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:05 AM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Ackerman effect.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:24 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I don't have it, but will be ordering with it. I test drove both and I do a lot of low speed driving one handed. It's like power steering in a normal car that gets progressively stiffer the faster you go.
A 911's standard power steering is much firmer than a mercedes.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:04 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrPorsche
I don't have it, but will be ordering with it. I test drove both and I do a lot of low speed driving one handed. It's like power steering in a normal car that gets progressively stiffer the faster you go.
A 911's standard power steering is much firmer than a mercedes.
I love power steering plus

Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Christopher Teane is on a distinguished road
I love it, but truly you must try it out for yourself, or you've wasted a few hundred bucks, either for having to install after delivery, which costs more, or for removing, which also costs the original 270

Old 12-04-2016, 04:22 AM
spraguedawley is an unknown quantity at this point
I ended up buying a pre owned 2015 TTS which had power steering plus. I loved the feel of the steering at speed, but felt it was way to over-assisted at lower speeds. While it was easy to drive and park, it did not have a "sports car" steering feel. I payed my dealer to disable and was very happy with the new heavy weightiness of the steering. To me, it felt like a proper sports car and really changed the character. I personally would not order it. Or order it, have it disabled, and decide which is better. You can always turn it back on for a price. I think you need to buy a code to re-activate it, which costs about $400.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Do NOT do power steering plus.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:32 AM
reisskhan is on a distinguished road
Hi can you confirm what this skipping is as its so annoying?

I've talked both with the local dealer and Indi and they have both confirmed this is normal despite me arguing it can't be as didn't have this issue on a 997.1tt

Am running a brand new set of Pirelli P Zero's N1's and it didn't make a difference with those fitted as well

Has it got something to do with having power steering plus on this car and are people without power steering plus not noticing this skipping issue?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.