New Behavior of the Sport + Mode on 991.2 PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Oscar8 is on a distinguished road
New Behavior of the Sport + Mode on 991.2 PDK

Has anyone else noted that on the 2017 Turbo's that Sports + Mode will upshift to about 4th gear with not "spirited" driving. The 991.1 Turbos in Sport + would only change gears at redline. Behaves like my older Panamera Turbo S PDK in Sports + mode. Not sure if I like the change?? Also not sure if mine is behaving correctly.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
That would be a welcome change. The .1 behavior makes sport plus useless in every day driving. I drive in manual mode anyway but just saying.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I noticed this on my 991.2 TS and I love the change. It makes sports + much more usable in auto mode and street driving. I didn't like the previous sports plus behavior on my 2016 TS, at least not on the street.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:02 AM
Thanks! I hadn't read or heard about this and was just making sure mine was behaving correctly. What a car!! That's my new default individual setting now 😳

Old 01-08-2017, 07:27 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well I always drive in manual mode and so if I use Sport Plus around town it won't matter but at the track I keep the car in auto mode with Sport Plus and the behavior of never letting the car get below 5500 rpm is very helpful. I don't have to shift. I wonder how it works at the track. I drive around town in sport mode and I keep the car at 2500 rpm or above, the way a sports car is supposed to be driven.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Does the 991.2 stills farts like crazy when getting off the gas, I think that's embarrassing, I don't think I like that "feature" on my 991.1

Old 01-08-2017, 08:28 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
Does the 991.2 stills farts like crazy when getting off the gas, I think that's embarrassing, I don't think I like that "feature" on my 991.1
I think that's unavoidable in Sport Plus or Sport mode but in normal mode it doesn't happen. Do you want it not to happen in the higher performance modes? I always switch to normal when I don't want to annoy the neighbors. If I am in an obnoxious mood then I put it in Sport Plus and talk about noisy and loud, especially since I am catless now. One of my neighbors wants to buy my car because he loves how it sounds.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wrs
I think that's unavoidable in Sport Plus or Sport mode but in normal mode it doesn't happen. Do you want it not to happen in the higher performance modes? I always switch to normal when I don't want to annoy the neighbors. If I am in an obnoxious mood then I put it in Sport Plus and talk about noisy and loud, especially since I am catless now. One of my neighbors wants to buy my car because he loves how it sounds.
I do the same thing, drive like a old lady when I don't want it to fart, even in sport mode is obtainable, was just curious if it was the same on the .2s...

Old 01-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
I do the same thing, drive like a old lady when I don't want it to fart, even in sport mode is obtainable, was just curious if it was the same on the .2s...
Backfires are only in Sport on the .2, not Sport+. My most common setting now is Individual which I have set to have Sport+ throttle and PDK, but not to lower the spoilers or use the firmer dampers. So the car shifts super quick but, has overboost, but does not backfire.

And yes, the Sport+ is WAY less aggressive now when not being driven hard in general. But at a spirited pace it still holds gears at much higher RPM than Sport. I think the car monitors itself and how aggressively it's being driven much better than the .1, hence the seemingly less aggressive Sport+.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Why would it not backfire in Sport +, the most aggressive throttle response and shifting mode?? Doesn't make sense. I'll have to go drive it in Sport only and see if I get some burps and gurgles....

Old 01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Oscar8
Why would it not backfire in Sport +, the most aggressive throttle response and shifting mode?? Doesn't make sense. I'll have to go drive it in Sport only and see if I get some burps and gurgles....
It does not in sport plus because the exhaust is being used to keep the turbos spooled up, i.e the very effective anti lag system which only is active in sport plus.I find the car shifts to the perfect rpm when driven hard in sport plus , it is obviously monitoring g forces and steering inputs as well as throttle and brake inputs .

Last edited by gmd2003; 01-08-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
agreed on .2 changes with regards to sport,sport+ also set my individual settings as described above.
has anyone else noticed their .2 really opening up after 2500 miles NICE

Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
That's a welcome change IMO in Sport+ shift pattern.

Whenever I'd try manual shifting Sport+ on my .1 from 1st gear... invariably if not paying FULL attention, I'd hit the rev limiter before gathering 2nd.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM
DC7391 is on a distinguished road
I figured this out after driving home from the install. I was so excited to have the pop pop BOOM from being catless but it just wasn't doing it in Sport+. As i turned into my track, i dropped into sport to retract the spoilers and low and behold......BOOM. So yea, i was a little surprised too. Of course i turned around for a little playtime. Either way i have now adjusted my individual setting accordingly. Love the sound of the Kline.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
that makes sense. The "pop pop boom" is a nature of the programing.
the car STOCK didn't pop in sport + either only sport
So I'm guessing your exhaust is consistent with the manufactures tone but the dumping of fuel creating the popping is inherent to the cars programming..
I'm obviously not a tuner but it makes sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.