so Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
so Question

Should be interesting.,.having the .2 turbo S for 7 months now and LOVING every second of it I can't but help thinking after a local dealer told me he could get me strong money for my car looking at the new ;18 Targa GTS 4 138 sticker but gets to 182 QUICK

all things aside as they approach the 911 differently something about that targa 4 GTS has me really thinking....

thoughts?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:04 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
You a big fan of the manual transmission? If so you might really love it. And from the outside it really looks like a great street car all around.

If you'd go PDK with the GTS it's harder... the TTS you already have is a great car and it sounds like a good fit for you as you're loving it. It would be different if it left you cold. It's also higher up the totem pole so a few standard features would become pay-options on the GTS. How much compromise is the wind in your hair worth?

(To me it's worth a fair bit but I went TT/glass sunroof anyway)

Old 01-14-2017, 06:22 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by _ace_
How much compromise is the wind in your hair worth?
That's why I went TTS Cab.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Oscar8 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car, nice lines, nice wheels, NOT a Turbo!!

Old 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shifter_
That's why I went TTS Cab.
The look on a 911 is not for me but I get it!

I had my first ragtop in college and an S2000 right after I finished. They are really great fun!

Old 01-15-2017, 07:48 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
That is why you buy a California T, it it's faster and it has a v8.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:17 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
That is why you buy a California T, it it's faster and it has a v8.
TTS cab is a hard car to beat.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...t-review-2015/

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supe...sche-911-turbo

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-v12-vantage-s

Old 01-15-2017, 12:05 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
Every time you swap cars at the dealer you will always lose money, and the dealer always makes money.
You're downgrading and paying a premium to do so.
If strong money for your trade isn't what you paid for the car the deal can't be strong enough to have you downgrade, and you'll probably pay to downgrade too.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Agreed. The targa GTS has its own personality and feel personally I am not interested in the cab. I don't like the lines.
the rush of the turbos S, and with a tune coming soon- I know the new ones will be tuned as well, I just can't overlook
I'm scared after a few days of going to the targa ill pull away from a red light or on off ramp will be missing the power of my TTS

Old 01-15-2017, 11:23 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Indeed, the 991.2 Targa 4 GTS is very nice. I like the changes including the darker colored targa bar.
I had a choice to get a Targa (among others) but chose the a 991.1 Turbo with glass sunroof. For me, the glass sunroof will get more use, is more practical and my dream car has always been a 911 Turbo.

Last edited by mark12345; 01-15-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I would keep the TTS. You're definitely going to miss the power!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Drive both.

I couldn't handle the lack of power in the GTS, so we bought the TTS.

I miss the sound of the GTS, but thats about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.