Stages....please explain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:56 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Stages....please explain

Having never pursued any mods on my PCARS, I am not familiar with the term 'stages' as often referenced in these postings. My guess is that the various stages, i.e. 1, 2, 3, and 4 (are there more?) have specific after-market equipment installs that go up the ladder from 1 to 2, 3 and beyond. Would love to to know what items equate to the different levels......hope my question makes sense. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
So much information! We have come so far with these cars it's almost skies the limit now. Feel free to reach out and I can try to give you a nice run down to chew on. Good times for sure with these cars!

Old 02-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
The "stages" usually refer to different levels of upgrade which are dependent on the addition of both hardware and software.

That being said, there is no universal definition of what each particular "stage" includes, as different manufacturers/tuners/vendors each define their stages differently.

I can tell you that for us (Champion/GIAC), the stages are as follows:
  • Stage 1 -- Just software (for us, that is GIAC software)
  • Stage 2 -- Software and exhaust
  • Stage 2+ -- Software, exhaust, intercoolers, diverter valves, y-pipe (optional)
  • Stage 3 -- Software, exhaust, intercoolers, diverter valves, y-pipe, upgraded VTG turbos
  • Stage 3+ -- Software, exhaust, intercoolers, diverter valves, y-pipe, upgraded VTG turbos, methanol injection
If you had any particular questions about a particular stage, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:06 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Thank you both for your responses...very helpful! Now if only the Port would release my new Turbo to the dealer!!

Old 02-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers, some have been getting them sooner. When do you expect it?

Old 02-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
Thank you both for your responses...very helpful! Now if only the Port would release my new Turbo to the dealer!!
Awesome, you're going to LOVE the 2017!!

What do you have coming, a Turbo or Turbo S

Old 02-17-2017, 08:11 AM
Special ordered a non-sunroof Turbo in Guards Red. While more HP and torque are always nice, I saw no other value (or things I want) with the 'S' given the additional entry price. Probably the only Turbo or S without a sunroof too. No 'roof' on my 50th Anniversary car either and not a single regret. As to when the port will release my car, I have no idea. It arrived at the Davisville, RI port on 8 February. I have been making reqular inquiries with the dealer for status updates which he sends me but simply no change since its arrival. There is a 'recall' out for checking the fuel accumulator screws (assume a bracket of some sort) which the port is attending to on all 911 cars built between a certain period, but my car was built almost two months AFTER the dates in question so likely not what is holding up my car. Then too PCNA is only allowing .5 hours for this recall/warranty item so obviously a quick inspection is all it takes for this item anyway.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Good luck. Hopefully soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.