The N1 tires ride way better than the N0

Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
The N1 tires ride way better than the N0 -- THEY HOOK UP! -- Update from CR runs

Just got the car back from Porsche after they put in a new secondary cooling pump. This one is what the car was complaining about after the failed SAR run where it said visit shop there is a coolant system problem. Turns out there is a secondary water pump that cools the turbos after the car turns off and maybe when exhaust gasses get too hot. I don't know if this will help matters but it was fixed on warranty so I am not complaining.

I got the PDK reflashed which reset the DME so I reloaded my Stage 4 map. The car felt definitely much tamer in the stock setup. It didn't rev up as fast as before. So I reloaded the stage 4 map and hope to head out to the CR tomorrow.

Last edited by wrs; 02-18-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
DO you know if the N1 was installed with similar pressure to the n0?

Only reason I ask is that when I first had the PSS's on, I was terrified by the ride. Turned out they had put 55 PSI in them all the way around.

I figure it also might be able to work the other way as well.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Im certainly looking forward to stage 4 when I have a few minutes to dedicate to it and the market indicates a stock sale (kinda wondering when the irrational exuberance will falter).

In the meantime, Sam just opened a By Design Pizza near my house (Im not kidding, except that maybe it's not Sam). So I'll go order a Stage 4 pizza and see what it is.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/by-design-pizza-portland

Last edited by Visceral; 02-17-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
OMG! I love it!

Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Visceral
DO you know if the N1 was installed with similar pressure to the n0?

Only reason I ask is that when I first had the PSS's on, I was terrified by the ride. Turned out they had put 55 PSI in them all the way around.

I figure it also might be able to work the other way as well.
They were on comfort settings, the car TPM was on the display and it was 38 rear 35 front but I had been running them around that pressure previously. Maybe 41 and 36 but not higher. This is of course entirely subjective.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:31 PM
beepbeep is on a distinguished road
Brand new thick tread versus aged and thinner tread, maybe?
Cheers

Old 02-18-2017, 10:16 AM
wrs
Went out to the County Road this morning

Had an issue with the Vbox on low sats and the car with trying to run the stage 4 map so I uninstalled the tune and when I got good sats I made a run without the tune. Result was 10.8 @ 128 with a 1.65 60 ft. Then I reinstalled the stage 3 93 octane map and made one more run. By this time there was a farmer out there working on his cows so I didn't want to get crossways with anyone and appparently there are more people out there on Saturday than during the week.

The last two run with just Stage 3 map were the best, I got 10.40 @ 131 with a 1.55 60ft on the first one. Keep in mind, this is just with Shell Vpower 93 octane. I tried to go to SAR last night but the toll road was jammed up when I got on and so I figured, what the heck, county road in the morning will be easier. I need to go back out and try it with the Stage 4 map again and these tires. Hopefully I can get good sats and good data.

The AP data show the lower boost on the stage 3 map and no problems with rev limiting or loss of traction or short shifting. It's tough to put this all on the tires because I made one pass with the stage 4 map and couldn't collect Vbox data but the car seemed to lag at 140 and after that it didn't want to run right at all. I had to uninstall the tune completely and make the stock run before I re-installed and ran the Stage 3 93 map. Not sure what happened until I look at the data some more but here it seems that less is more. In any case, I am glad my car is running sub 10.5 now on pump gas.

0-60 in 2.75s and with 1ft rollout in 2.43s.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	run1stg3map-10.4@131.png
Views:	42
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	469973  
Attached Images     

Last edited by wrs; 02-18-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 AM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wrs
Had an issue with the Vbox on low sats and the car with trying to run the stage 4 map so I uninstalled the tune and when I got good sats I made a run without the tune. Result was 10.8 @ 128 with a 1.65 60 ft. Then I reinstalled the stage 3 93 octane map and made one more run. By this time there was a farmer out there working on his cows so I didn't want to get crossways with anyone and appparently there are more people out there on Saturday than during the week.

The last two run with just Stage 3 map were the best, I got 10.40 @ 131 with a 1.55 60ft on the first one. Keep in mind, this is just with Shell Vpower 93 octane. I tried to go to SAR last night but the toll road was jammed up when I got on and so I figured, what the heck, county road in the morning will be easier. I need to go back out and try it with the Stage 4 map again and these tires. Hopefully I can get good sats and good data.

The AP data show the lower boost on the stage 3 map and no problems with rev limiting or loss of traction or short shifting. It's tough to put this all on the tires because I made one pass with the stage 4 map and couldn't collect Vbox data but the car seemed to lag at 140 and after that it didn't want to run right at all. I had to uninstall the tune completely and make the stock run before I re-installed and ran the Stage 3 93 map. Not sure what happened until I look at the data some more but here it seems that less is more. In any case, I am glad my car is running sub 10.5 now on pump gas.

0-60 in 2.75s and with 1ft rollout in 2.43s.
Much better 60ft ! What was your 60-130 mph with the stage 3 tune ? . Any codes that give a clue as to what's going on with the stage 4 tune ? Getting there .

Old 02-19-2017, 08:47 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by gmd2003
Much better 60ft ! What was your 60-130 mph with the stage 3 tune ? . Any codes that give a clue as to what's going on with the stage 4 tune ? Getting there .
It was 7.6s which isn't as fast as it was back in January on the original Stage 4 map. That one was 7.4s so definitely the stage 4 map has more juice and this one that I was using is a tweaked one. Sam said to take it off and put the stock stage 4 map on which I have done. I am driving around with it.

Yes there was a code, P2043 and after the uninstall it went away and didn't come back. Definitely after looking at the data, the car went into limp mode at 137mph. The 0-60 time from the AP log shows a 2.56s for the Stage 4 map and 2.62s for Stage 3. The Stage 4 was faster all the way up to 100mph and then it started to fall behind, at least according to AP log data.

The car stayd in limp mode until I uninstalled so I guess that code may have caused it. However, it isn't persistent so not sure what to make of it.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys. Looks like the car went super rich William. I think I can see why. But since we've taken care of a few things let's go back to base and log/adjust from here. I knew those tires were plastic disks and something else has definitely changed. I have a feeling we're going to have a good time from this point forward! Nice chat yesterday even though my son needed me trying to choose which color of Gatorade to buy ha ha!

Old 02-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Everybody knows the orange gator is the fastest

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.