Installed New Michelin PSS & now have noises

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Exclamation Installed New Michelin PSS & now have noises

Hey everyone,
I just recently installed all new Michelin PSS on all 4 tires. Since driving the car back from install(about 15mins from my house) I hadn't had a chance to drive it until today. So I take it out and immediately hear a noise(s). First thought was must be engine, maybe something got loose but nope. As I continue to drive the noise is there and stops when the car isn't in motion. The noise I would say sounds similar to when a old car would pull up to you at a light and you hear all types of squeaks/squeals. Similar to a noise of a brake squeal but I've never had a brake squeal on my turbo since I've owned it(2014). I'm completely baffled by this "noise" and it is definitely embarrassing to drive it around, you can definitely hear me coming and I'm not talking about the Tubi exhaust note. Anyone have any ideas? I'll have it in tomorrow to be looked at. I'm reallllyyyy hoping it is a quick easy fix, like something not tightened enough. Anybody ever experience this when changing tires? BTW I went from OEM Pirelli to PSS for the Turbo from tire rack.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:06 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
It sounds like you have a rock/pebble stuck between your caliper and brake pad. Take it in ASAP to get it removed before it damages your
Brake pad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.