Looking for info on 991.1 TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Tom_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for info on 991.1 TTS

I'm looking for a 991.1
Turbo S Turbo S
. I have a few questions about the car prior to purchasing. Any help would be appreciated. I'm coming from the GTR and AMG worldand I don't know much about Porsches.

I wrestled with the decision of GT3 Vs. Turbo S. I'm 90% sure I'll be going with the turbo. I can't turn down the awd, hp, and easy power gains of the TTS

1. Are there any major changes or differences between the 14-16 991.1 Turbo S? I have seen much better deals on the 14's but I want to make sure there are no major changes or upgrades.

2. Is it possible to CPO a car purchased from a private party or non Porsche dealership?

3. The options I want are Premium Package Plus and full glass sunroof. Anything after that is a bonus. Anything option I should look for aside from those two?

4. Is there anything I should look at when I find a car I'm interested in? Any typical issues or areas of concern with these cars? Any recalls or major service I need to look at?

Tom

Old 03-23-2017, 11:04 AM
spraguedawley is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased a used 2015 TTS last spring. I love the car. I would not consider the GT3 unless you live in a place with unusually nice roads and no police, or plan to track the car.

There are a ton of used 991.1 turbos for sale. Hold out for one with the options you want. I would also try to get the S, as the prices between used s and non s are minimal. You def want the PCCB. check the Porsche website used car locator to browse all used P-cars at dealers in the country. Some options i did not care for, buy have been surprised at, are the 18 way seats and seat ventilation. The bolstering of the 18 way seats is amazing, and they are much more comfortable than the 14 ways. I primarily drive in summer, and have found the ventilated seats to be very nice. You must get entry and drive for convenience. There are many things you can change after purchase as well, such as interior trim kits and steering wheel.

When buying used be sure you can actually see the car in person or pay a service to look at it for you if it is too far for you to travel to see.

Don't trust carfax. I personally owned an acura integra, multiple accidents and twice salvalged. it has a clean carfax.

Best of luck.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom_K
1. Are there any major changes or differences between the 14-16 991.1 Turbo S? I have seen much better deals on the 14's but I want to make sure there are no major changes or upgrades.
Not that I'm aware of. I have a '14 and didn't see a single change until '17.

2. Is it possible to CPO a car purchased from a private party or non Porsche dealership?
Dealers, for the right price, can do almost anything, but in this case it would be pretty difficult. I bought a 6-month-old car with CPO, and if I sold it the buyer would continue to benefit from that. But if I didn't have it, it would be tricky to convince my local dealer to accept the cost (was $3500 when I did it) and not sell a car on HIS lot.

3. The options I want are Premium Package Plus and full glass sunroof. Anything after that is a bonus. Anything option I should look for aside from those two?
The Burmester sound system is shockingly good, even if you arent an audiophile. I absolutely love it and enjoy it every time I get in the car. I would never own a car with center-lock wheels if I could avoid it (and did) with a TurboS with special order 5-lug wheels.
I have one of the most tarted-up cars on the forum and I can't find fault with a single thing. For many of us, it comes down to colors and materials, but "colors and materials" got to around $30k on my original sticker.
I wrapped my car front-to-back with clear Expel Ultimate. It makes the car so much easier to own while not worrying about every rock chip or proximity to kids (or occasional *gasp* use of a drive-through car wash).

4. Is there anything I should look at when I find a car I'm interested in? Any typical issues or areas of concern with these cars? Any recalls or major service I need to look at?
I would be weary of a car that had been tracked more than 3-4 times. That's wear of the CCBs that you might have to pay for some day if you keep it long enough.

It's a VW, really. Look for the same issues that you would on a 2-year old VW GTI. Avoid any cars with signs of neglect or significant repair.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Rear view camera is standard on 15-16 but optional on 14 so watch out for that. I think keyless-go is a must have option. For me PAS was also a must-have option.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. All very helpful

Old 03-25-2017, 11:01 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
since you're going with the S you'll get most of the key things you want. Premium Package Plus is a must. only other thing is the Burmester system. when I heard the Bose, that became a must-have for me and I'm glad. everything else is just cosmetic and what you think looks good.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. All very helpful

Old 03-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Kinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond repute
Tom_K

Sent you a PM.

Old 03-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kinetic
Tom_K

Sent you a PM.
Hey didn't receive the Pm

Old 03-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Kinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond reputeKinetic has a reputation beyond repute
Hey didn't receive the Pm
That's odd, I know I sent it but don't see it in my sent messages. Will send again in a sec.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I wrestled with the same decision too. I decided to go with the Turbo over the Gt3.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:18 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Rear view camera is standard on 15-16 but optional on 14 so watch out for that. I think keyless-go is a must have option. For me PAS was also a must-have option.
actually rear camera is not standard on 15 or 16. I have a 16 without camera and my wife's 15 also did not come with one. They are standard on 17 though. I did an aftermarket for the wife's and not happy with it. It works just not a great viewing angle.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:58 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
I have the 14 tts and it has the rear camera. Didn't think it was an option

Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zedosix
I have the 14 tts and it has the rear camera. Didn't think it was an option
Only available as an option with the Park Assist Front & Rear. Option code 538. Or included in the Premium Package Plus Option code P3L

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.