Cancelling front spoiler for Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Q8android is an unknown quantity at this point
Cancelling front spoiler for Turbo

Hi 6SO,

I just bought my first Porsche, which has been a dream of mine, a 2014 Turbo

But unfortunately after doing all the checks before my purchase, I missed that the front lip spoiler wasn't working, the rear wing spoiler is working though.

After reaching 130 KMs I get a warning message saying "Spoiler Loss, Adjust Speed". After getting this message, the rear spoiler goes down, and I am unable to bring it back up unless I turn the ignition off then on again. I assume it's because of the front spoiler issue.

I'm not planning on repairing the front spoiler at this time, as the roads in my country are inhospitable for a car like this, with gruesome potholes and massive speed bumps. For the time being I just need to cancel this error, and allow the rear spoiler to stay up during driving. Please help if you can, thanks!

Old 03-26-2017, 12:35 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
That front spoiler is a spoiler, it's about $6500 to replace and yours will need it if you want to drive the car fast. I don't think you can run it in Sport Plus for sure without it over 75mph but I am not sure about normal or sport. Car goes into limp mode without it. OCICBW...........

Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
sorry about your luck. this is a common issue with these cars because the front spoiler is basically a big balloon and people leave it down going over potholed roads or speed bumps/driveways and drive it into the ground and it pops. but it's hard to see when you test drive it because you probably aren't going over 75mph on the test drive. you have to extend the spoilers and look under the front and make sure it's extended all the way across.

same thing happened to my car - when I received it, I got the same error and they found the air balloon was popped. thankfully I was able to prove to the dealer that it was that way before I received it and they replaced the spoiler on their dime - over $6k.

there is no way to fix the error and get the rear spoiler to extend without the front. you'll need to fix it or drive with the spoilers retracted.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:44 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah you're just going to have to fix it. As long as you don't drive with it deployed (i.e. extended at low speeds) you should be fine. In atlanta we have lots of potholes, steep driveways, etc. and my car has never scraped the ground once.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:18 PM
What is striggering the "spoiler loss" error? Is there no way around avoiding this error without extending the front spoiler?

Old 03-27-2017, 06:11 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Q8android
What is striggering the "spoiler loss" error? Is there no way around avoiding this error without extending the front spoiler?

like I said, it's because the front spoiler is popped and can't be extended. that's what triggers the error. like I said, I had the same problem.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Can you just try and patch the bladder? I think it should be possible no?

Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slate997TT
No, this is one of the lamest and most useless features on the car aside from being ridiculously expensive to replace/repair.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Slate997TT

I suppose it depends on what it looks like. on mine the entire thing was cut horizontally from side to side. not even sure exactly how that happened. most likely the damage was done in reverse.

if you just had a small hole or slit, you could try patching it.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 PM
I'll try to find a solution at some point and keep you guys posted, if there's a sensor or something I'll try and figure out how to trick it into thinking the spoiler is extended. I think this would be the best scenario.

I was hoping there would be a quick fix, but it seems there isn't

Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 PM
reisskhan is on a distinguished road
Salaam

Q8android whatsapp/i-message me i'll see if i can try helping you fix this problem

0044 7737 175913

Reiss

Last edited by reisskhan; 03-30-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Landsberger is an unknown quantity at this point
How much more expensive is a GT3 front bumper conversion than getting a new front spoiler? Maybe you should do that instead.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:30 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy popped that stupid front spoiler by going too far into a parking spot curb stop. I had no idea they are that expensive. Makes 997tt $100 spoilers seem like peanuts

Old 04-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Former Vendor
Brian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to beholdBrian@ABP is a splendid one to behold
Can you confirm that you visibly see a tear or puncture? lots of times, if the front bumper was removed, whoever reinstalled the front bumper forgot to reconnect the connector to the front air spoiler.

I actually had a 2014 991 Turbo at the dealer that had it unplugged from the factory. I noticed the faults during the PDI and found the unplugged connector.

Then I found the same issue when I purchased my 2015 from a used car dealer as they had previously repainted the front bumper.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:38 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I don't park nose 1st with any of my cars - because they're all too damn low and have noses that'll break in a heartbeat.

They're all either equipped from factory with backup cams, or I installed them on those that aren't.

If my TTS were to suffer a blown front spoiler, I'd seriously consider a GT3 front end if costs were similar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cancelling front spoiler for Turbo